• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What a start to the season

genegodawa

Oh Windy,

I don't care the outcome, but I like the start of the season:

Going into the bottom of the first: CLE 5, WSox -0-

Not to steal your thunder, Geno, but the Twins just won their season opener.

That's a better way to start the season!!!

I liked what I saw from Santana last night. For a guy who starts each year out slow (by his elevated standards) that was a pretty good start. I wanted to see Morneau get up another time and see if he could tie Lou Pinella's record of getting thown out at all four bases in one game. laugh.gif

Yep, that was a good one. Good games by the guys you need good games from. We all know Santana will only get better. Did anybody else expect to see Radke's first pitch, 0-0 count, top of the first inning to land in left field grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Another year of making fun of Windy's P-a-l-e Hose.

This is gonna by GREAT!

Twins lead the division.

I loved Morneau's comment after the game saying he was trying to help the O's lead the league in outfield assists. I loved watching the game last night, the twins were aggresive in all aspects and kept the O's on their heels, the lineup looks good from 1 to 9 and hopefully out starting pitching can keep us in it through the sixth. I'm surious to see what form Boof is in tonight.

Boof , as stupid as it sounds, is the key to Twins hopes for postseason. If he improves on last year and hitters don't figure him out like they do on lots of soph pitchers, the TWins always play the game the right way-- Expect around 90 wins and playoff berth. I see the Tigers on a downfall.

Quote:

Another year of making fun of Windy's P-a-l-e Hose.

This is gonna by GREAT!

Twins lead the division.

To quote a phrase from our ol' South Side buddy.....

"Geno, I likes it"

On a postive note both Hunter and Morneau are on pace to hit 162 HR's this year. grin.gif

On the down side, Cuddyer is on pace to strike out 486 times. frown.gifgrin.gif

Where can I get my playoff tickets?

The only twins without hits were white and bartlett. White got a BB. And bartlett lined out to the SS with men on base. Things are looking sweet.

Wow,

The Twinks and the Cubbies in the World Series!!!

This is gonna be great (pardon my Flounder-ism there from Animal House) So Geno, nice start to the season for the Cubbies, that power packed line up really throttled the opposing pitcher. If they keep this pace up they will have 162 runs at the end of the year, not to worry though Kerry Wood and Mark Prior will pitch shutouts every game they start..........I said, Every Game They Start....Tee Hee!

Windy

Hey Windy,

Just got a call from Prior and Wood - they told me to check the scoreboard --- looks like the PaleHose are gonna come from ahead to lose today. They also saide, by the way, NICE shutout by Garland today. The WSox staff gonna have an even worse ERA this year compared to last?

Hey Geno,

I just heard an interesting fact. In the past 30 years, how many years did the Cubbies finish over .500????

How many years have the Sox finished over .500????

Sleep well my friend, until you find the answer to these questions....Here's to the new season, any wagers??? Sox record vs Cubs??? You name the price and I will take the bet. How about 1 week of avatar of winners choice for every game difference. We can go month to month or season total. You can plan on having to look at the Sox Championship Ring with your name on it for about 15 weeks!!!

Do we have a bet???

Windy

Thataway Windy, evade the issue as usual.

Here's what I plan: WSox in 4th, Cubs to the WS.

Who are you - Jethro Tull? Talk about Living in the Past, sheesh. Lessee, the Cubs are .500 now----TODAY---not 15 weeks ago. What are the WSox? Never mind, that was a rhetorical question. (But just to gloat while I still can, I'd like to state the obvious: WSox are "oh-fer" - O for the season! Nyuk, nyuk.)

I've already made one bet this year with a fishing buddy that by the time we get to PHole lunch on our Cass trip, the Flubbies will be ahead of the Cards. One pitcher of ice cold beer will be used to celebrate my winnings.

As for our bet, how's about we compare monthly recods so that gives us 6 diff bets (Apr - Sept)? Hey, wait a minute: didn't we already bet a dinner of Cass Walters...Cubs against the field? I'm gonna have to go back and review some old posts.

Ah, forget it. You'd probably just evade the bet anyway.

PS Twins lead WSox by 2 1/2 - and the WSox are only 2 games into the season!

Sorry IFALLS, but I ain't followin' ya.

HEY EVERYBODY, did I miss something?

Where has our good buddy BUZZSAW been? Hope all is ok.

Spinner,

I've been dealing with this my entire life. My two best friends since 1st grade were a die hard Cub fan and a die hard Sox fan. The other die hard Sox fan eventually became my best man and the Cub fan ended up moving to Las Vegas when he was in the 8th grade. I don't know what that means but I honed my arguing skills in 1969, you remember that season right Geno? One of the greatest seasons for Sox fans as we watched the Cubbies go down faster than Linda Lovelace at a batchelors party. It was sweet listening to my friend crow for 4 months about how great the Cubbies were and then BAM (pardon my Emeril-ism there)

OK Geno, it is a bet, at the end of each month the team with the worst record has to post the winners choice of avatar for one week. It will be a cumulative record, not individual segments.

So I have to ask you this Geno........

DEAL OR NO DEAL???????????

Windy

It's all good Windy. I love coming here for my daily dose of Sox smack. It's no fun if the bad guys won't play. BTW, you're one of the most vocal prognosticators, so lets see your predictions posted on the 2007 Playoff thread before the season gets too old. I know you got an opinion. grin.gif

All right Geno,

Start looking for your favorite Cubbie avatar, you are already looking at my favorite Sox one........

On second thought, what am I saying, the Cubbies will never be ahead of the Sox this season, don't bother looking for a Cubs avatar, YOU WON'T NEED ONE!!!! LOL

Windy

You are right...I won't need one 'cause it's for you to display on May 1.

• 1 month later...

Quote:

Spinner,

I've been dealing with this my entire life. My two best friends since 1st grade were a die hard Cub fan and a die hard Sox fan. The other die hard Sox fan eventually became my best man and the Cub fan ended up moving to Las Vegas when he was in the 8th grade. I don't know what that means but I honed my arguing skills in 1969, you remember that season right Geno? One of the greatest seasons for Sox fans as we watched the Cubbies go down faster than Linda Lovelace at a batchelors party. It was sweet listening to my friend crow for 4 months about how great the Cubbies were and then BAM (pardon my Emeril-ism there)

OK Geno, it is a bet, at the end of each month the team with the worst record has to post the winners choice of avatar for one week. It will be a cumulative record, not individual segments.

So I have to ask you this Geno........

DEAL OR NO DEAL???????????

Windy

Oh Geno,

Does this post jar your memory???

If not the next one surely will!

Windy

Quote:

DEAL.

PS Buzz is alive and well.

How about this quote, Geno???

Strike up the Celine Dion music.....

"It's all coming back to me now" !!!

Like Teddy KGB said in Rounders....."Pay the man his Money"

Windy

Windy, here you go - I'm using that ugly avatar again.

I apologize for making you work so hard to collect.

It was my mistake to accept with "cumulative" as I was just so darn schoolgirl-giddy at the time to comprehend what you wrote.

I will not welch due to my stupidity.

Hey geno, I wouldnt worry much, them sux are on their downward spiral losing streak. Next month I predict there will be 2 cubs avatars! grin.gif

You just might be right. I forgot they play another Crosstown Classic this month so it is possible the Cubbies can make up those 6 games.