• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tealitup

TEAM 8! Turkey Trash Talkers - Your monster birds are our decoys

tealitup

I got out this weekend and had no luck. Had one chance at about 45 yards, but the Tom was in the middle of mating.

I saw him strutting next to a small wooded patch. Came up with a plan and stalked to him - 45 yards - I can make this shot. Pull the 12 gauge up and see two heads stick up. One was a hen. Knowing the shot pattern would hit both I waited; they got scared -seperated-and I took a quick shot. He rolled! then got up and flew away. Then hen was unscathed and followed the big boy.

Orions Hunter was at the corner of the field watching it all unfold. I walked back to him and he said "my hand were shaking just watching!" He then had the fever. We found another patch of woods/open space and some jakes milling about. While standing there talking about how we could make a sneak another Jake came out about 50 yards away with no gun in hand. Orions Hunter grabbed a gun but the shot was too far away.

Back to work - I am going to try and get out at least one more time this week. I am feeling sick - you know the Turkey Sickness

LABS4ME

Go get 'em...

Sounds like there are birds in your area... put one more on the board for team 8! grin.gif

Good Luck!

Ken

tealitup

Today is the last day and it HAS to rain. So much fun sitting here watching the rain come down (I hate hunting in the rain).

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• eyeguy 54
      Dad had a sweet saw that cut straight but it went to brothers place. I see no problem using a saw on hind quarters. I like to debone on a counter. 
    • eyeguy 54
      Have tried adjusting many times and no luck. Just use it to split hind and take rear legs off. Usually cut front legs and snap off. Probably have butchered around 100 by myself since 1980. Did them with my dad before that. 
    • Tom Sawyer
      Same here Tracie. I never have used a saw. Have friends that do beef, and if not through the band saw, they use something on the order of the GreatNeck,,,
    • Wanderer
      Or you could carve the meat off the pelvis and not need a saw at all.  I’ve processed dozens of deer and have rarely touched a saw to do it.  And then just for cutting off the legs.   Many different ways to butcher.  I just try to avoid cutting bone if I don’t have to.
    • Wanderer
      Sounds like the same description of the birds my buddy saw on his way home from deer hunting on Sunday.
    • Tom Sawyer
      After 25 years have you replaced the blade?, adjusted it? Good saw! Might be time to just brake down amd peel some lettuce, and buy a new one...
    • eyeguy 54
      Did another with mountain mikes. Really like them. 
    • kelly-p
      You were probably wearing that old air force parka held together by about 3 rolls of duct tape that looked like it had been put on over about 3 decades. 😁    That was amazing. We sat there for over 2 months the closest houses to shore as everyone drove right on past us to get out deep "where the crappies were". We had some great times and if I remember right it all started over a frozen doorknob.
    • Finnish Flash
      I measured 8" of snow as well in Pike Bay area.  Heavy wet snow too. That 3.8 was a measurement taken by a weather observer at around 9 pm on Wednesday night and more obviously fell since that time.  Lost power for 6 hours from 10 pm Wednesday evening until 4 a.m. Thursday. 
    • JBMasterAngler
      I haven’t gotten a response to my comments yet. I’d like to see what other people are asking or suggesting also.