• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
minnowdangler71

picture

minnowdangler71

how do I add a picture by my screen name? I can't figure it out. thanks in advance

Powerstroke

Click on my home. Its in the middle of the line of things right above the forum posts. Click edit personal prefs and in there will be a section labeled avatar. Instructions are there on how to link a photo to be your avatar.

minnowdangler71

I think I did it

Kyle Sandberg

nope still need to get something figured out.

minnowdangler71

I'm bout to give up!! can anyone help me out?

bassman186

It Needs to be a certain size... what type of program do you have on your computer? You can resize in the paint program and then post on a photo posting site such as photobucket

TurnUpTheFishing

you can also upload it to photobucket then resize it in...

Powerstroke

It does have to come from a hosting site. You can't link it from your desktop.

minnowdangler71

I have no idea on how to do any of it! only from my desktop! computer dummy here.

Kyle Sandberg

I can post it for you if you want me to. I finally figured out how to do it. If anyone wants some help, just email me at sandbergky@yahoo.com and tell me what forum/topic you want it under.

minnowdangler71

I want it under my screen name, can you still do that?

dilleyo

I don't think you can do that. I haven't seen anyone with pics under their screen name that I remember.

McGurk

This does work, and not everyone has avatars to look at, but quite a few do. If you cannot see any of them ever, you have to turn on the function in the My Home/Display Pref Edit page at the bottom. Choose Yes to the view other users pictures in their profiles question.

1)Go to a site like photobucket or imageshack and go throught the proceedure to upload the picture you want from your computer, resized to around max 109x150 size, and get the info for it. Highlight, Right click and "Copy" the thumbnail address that starts with "http//:".

2)In FM Forums, Go to "My Home" above in the line started by "Welcome, *****."

3)Edit your personal info.

4)Scroll down and click on the "url to your avatar"

5)In the area allowed, Right click and "Paste" the copied line.

6)Submit and look to see if it came up. If not, try again.

minnowdangler71

you guys are talking greek again.....I have a picture that I want by my name, like "kdawg" has his mug there.

McGurk

I prefer Latin for my Dead Language, anyways. That picture by KDawg's name is called an avatar. I can't help you if you don't say which specific parts you are having issues with. Have you tried going to one of these photo posting sites and uploading one of your pictures?

metrojoe

As posted above, the first step is to open an account at an image hosting site like Photo Bucket. Once you have opened an account, which by the way is free, you can send, or upload, your photos to Photo Bucket. What this allows you to do is post those photos on the internet.

So first off, do a search for Photo Bucket and open an account. Photo Bucket will give you easy to follow instruction for uploading images/photos.

Just as prints from a standard 35mm camera come in different sizes, ie: 3"x5" or 4"x6", so do the photos you have stored on your computer. The size of the photos are given in pixels, ie: 200x200 or 480x600, which really isn't that important as long as you understand that most photos are too large to be used as an avatar.

The largest size image you can use as an avatar on this site is 109x150. So you have to resize your photo to 109x150 or smaller.

I personally resize my photos with a photo software before I upload them to Photo Bucket, but I guess Photo Bucket offers you the option to resize your photos on they're site.

minnowdangler71

I will give it a try.

minnowdangler71

keeps saying wrong picture type? on photot bucket, I get 2 or 3 different URL's? which do I use?

McGurk

I used imageshack, but try each of the 3 different types from photobucket. Mine starts with "http://"; don't use anything in [] brackets. It sounds like you are most of the way there, and it took me a couple of tries to get the correct file type. You're close!

Orlip

Quote:

keeps saying wrong picture type? on photot bucket, I get 2 or 3 different URL's? which do I use?

Use the one that says url link. Copy it and the paste it in personal preferences. You will see were it says url link to avatar. Click on that button, paste the url link in the text box then click sobmit at the bottom of the page.

MuleShack

All that work...He's gonna need a Beer after this gets straighted out.

Hope it works for ya. grin.gif

Kyle Sandberg

If your using photobucket, the URL you want to use is this one: click on the picture you want to use. Resize to avatar size. On the bottom right of the page shoule be a series of websites. The one that has worked for me is the one labled Forums and Bulletin boards. The only thing is, after you paste the address, be sure to delete the %7Boption%7D. I think thats all.

Orlip

I'm pretty sure if you delete the img off photobucket it wont show up. You have to leave the img in your photo album.

minnowdangler71

I'll keep trying

minnowdangler71

I finally did it!!!!!!! thanks everyone...once i got rid of the IMG in front and back of url, it worked!! thanks again everyone. Now I hope to catch one bigger to replace that one!