• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waconia?

How's the ice situation? Last time I checked, it looked about ready to pop open. Hopefully with the wind today it'll bust up a bit...

What's the good word?

The rain on Saturday took most of it out, by Sunday afternoon there were some patches or broken ice but from what I saw it looked like 90%+ open water smile.gif

Quote:

The rain on Saturday took most of it out, by Sunday afternoon there were some patches or broken ice but from what I saw it looked like 90%+ open water
smile.gif

SWEET!!! Thanks for the report!!! I guess this "crappy" weather is going to turn to "crappie" weather in the not-to-distant future... smile.gif

It's open. There are some small patches of ice on the NW side. No docks. Lake looks to be a bit low still.

There was 1 hardcore fisherman out there......not sure if he was fishing tho....looked like he was trolling on the windy side. crazy.gif

Im planning on heading out on Thursday also. Where is the best place to fish right after ice out. I was thinking the weedlines in waconia bay, was wondering if this will/wont produce any fish.

Also, is the marina open to launch the boat, or is there any other public accesses with docks out yet?

was by there last night marina is still closed,they have a van parked in front of the access, the access by boat house was blocked too i'ld try the public access

I have been by the lake everyday for the last couple days and have not noticed much activity. This mornnng there was one boat on the south side of the island. I will be out there tomorrow afternoon and will post results. Adam

It actually looks mostly froze over this morning. I'm sure it isn't very thick and will melt this afternoon but that gives you an idea about water temps.

Drove by yesterday and it seemed to be open to me? Not sure where its still froze over... I might take my boat for a run this weekend

Drove by yesterday and it seemed to be open to me? Not sure where its still froze over... I might take my boat for a run this weekend

At this rate you may have to pull an "Ernest Shackleton" to get out there. Maybe take your ore boat?

It was open again by this afternoon. I wasn't trying to say it was going to stay frozen and people couldn't boat. I was just surprised it was cold enough to freeze over last night. Sorry for any confusion.