• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
patrat78

Are the gophers movin yet

patrat78

Hey was just wondering if anybody has seen some gopher digging yet. One of my friends claims to see some new mounds in the ditches just waiting for rain to stop to get out.

Code-Man

customer of mine was moving bales a few weeks ago and saw new mounds. Was shocked they were already going on.

koonie

Out here they are out all over.

BLACKJACK

I've seen a few new mounds. In fact, I'm already on the scoreboard, caught a pocket gopher on Sat!! On Thursday evening while I was out walking I found a open hole, went and got a death clutch trap and set it in there, Friday it was half plugged but I left it and on Sat he came back and caught himself!!! smile.gif

patrat78

i guess i am going to have to wait awhile now anyway just got 8-10 inches of snow. frown.gif

HunterLee

Could always start to track them. wink.gif, there just was a snowmoblile flying by here. We did have some digging,but that is goiing to have to wait, winter came late... or early this year.

CAJ

I have shot 47 fat ones already in one small pasture. That should be about 450 if you figure all the little ones inside.

Nova

got one pocket in the trap so far, a couple new mounds, but that slowed with the cold weather.

Grayfox

My sons started trapping last weekend and has caught 18 as of this morning but we still have to take a run to the farm down the road and check another 6. He is averaging a little over 50% for traps put out to gophers caught. He also lost another 2 this year to fox(ate the gopher off the trap). Last year he caught just under 200, so I bought him another 3 dozen traps so now he has 58 in his arsenal.

Tippman

Whats the bounty on pocket gopher feet these days? I know it varies by city, just wondering how much people are getting out there. Almost 20 years ago I got 75 cents per pair of feet in Big Lake.

Dan Thiem

In S.E. Mn. my son got 5 out of 7 traps. He told me Goodhue county is offering two bucks for a pair of front feet.

Nova

who would you call at your local county to see if they offer a bounty? I am giving my son 2 bits per gopher, but if he can get a bounty that would be cool.

Meat-Run

Hey Guys,

I have them pesky little gophers coming down the ditch toward my house. What can I do to kill them? I have heard of trapping but I don't want to get into investing to much money and what about poisen? If that's an option what kind and where can I get this?

Some help from the gopher hunters would be great because I know nothing about them except shooting them with the 22 and thats not going to happen where I live.

Thanks for any help.

mr confused.gif

Tippman

You call the city hall to find out about bounties.

Meat-run I've never tried poison but a good gopher trap is about $5 at fleet farm. I think if you got one or two that would be one of the best ways to get rid of them. Its a matter of putting in the time to set the traps and check them, which is more fun than poison anyway as you get to see your result. Then maybe you could bring them to the city hall and get enough money back to cover your traps and a new muskie lure smile.gif

Meat-Run

Hey Tippman,

I think your onto something there. You must know me some how, how do you know that I like to chase the ski's???

mr grin.gif

patrat78

Finally geting some fresh mounds now and getting my traps out in newton township where the bounty is at $2 and found a generous farmer that gives me another $2 per gopher. Caught 119 last year hoping to double that since i only trapped for 2 months. Thought the gophers didn't move much past mid june.

Code-Man

I live around the Long Prairie area and the gophers are going full speed around here. scouted a few fields and almost pure mounds.

Dan Thiem

Post deleted by Dan Thiem

Code-Man

If anyone is looking for some money to trap gophers I can pass ya on to some of my customers...WOW they are getting bad down here.

Young Gun

Ive got 58 so far. I had 14 gophers outta 18 traps tonight! grin.gif

Dan Thiem

Young Guns gophers. Just from one field.

gophersak6.jpg

BLACKJACK

Very good!!! I wish he lived closer I'd hire him!!!! I'm getting over run with gophers!!!

WalleyeGod

BJ:

Can you be more specific in the "over run" part. Have gun, will travel.....work/shoot for free. grin.gif

WG