• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

General "on-line" question

GotOne

Question

I have an item listed on a free site. Got a email from an out of state person that wants to buy them. I checked his email and he has an eb*** store. He wants to pay me through paypal and send a pick-up tag for the product I'm selling. I called the number on the eb*** site and he answered the phone and sounds legit. What you you do?

5 answers to this question

PayPal is OK. If you don't have a PayPal account, it's pretty easy to set one up, then when the funds arrive in your account you have the money. You can transfer it to your own bank account electronically at no charge.

Thanks, I do have a paypal account. I just don't want to get sc****wed. The guy doesn't speak real good english, if you know what I mean...I'm leary. Think paypal could take the risk out of it.

Make sure you get the money before you do anything. I sell alot of stuff on ebay and Pay Pal is the only way i take they money. Its the safest. Depending on the item you are selling i would make him pay for shipping and you ship it to him so that way you know that is not BS.

One thing to remember about ebay... Make sure you never ever respond to a email right from your personal account. People will try to send you email about your product and if you reply to them out of your personal account they can hack into yoru ebay account. Make sure if you get a email from someone that you respond back to them using your Ebay email account. I have had someone hack into my account and its a pain. Do you understand what i'm trying to say???

The only time I have used paypal is with ebay items I have bought or sold, never through cr****list. This guy is from TX and he found my listing up here. I would give him my email address and he would go into paypal and pay me... is that correct? He is sending a fedex p/u for the product. I hear you about the spam/scams on ebay and paypal after you make a deal. I think I might just put the stuff on ebay and sell it myself, as long as I have to pkg it, I will get more money for it. Another thought, couldn't he receive the product and say something was wrong and file a claim with paypal and I they would debit my account?

I would just tell him that you are going to list it on ebay and list it and send him the link. Its so much easyer and make him win it and pay for everything..

What i do on all my listing is i put No Refunds no matter the bottome of the page so you can just go back to that. Let me know if you have any other question.