• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

For those of you...

Quickstrike

who are planning on fly fishing the trib opener in WI tommorrow, be safe and good luck!!!

I had a pretty slow day, I hooked 3 fish over the course of the day, landed a brown around 20 inches, and then a chrome steelie around 26 inches. I lost another fish later in the day and decided to call it quits around 2 pm. I got the brown on a olive x legs pattern and then hooked both steelies on yarn. Water is quite muddy and is even worse today according to the flow charts. I'll be back later this week.

Hey Quickstrike, what pattern do you use tie those x legs? id like to know so i can quick tie some up before i hit the brule on thursday!

I'll post the recipe in the fly swap recipe thread here shortly.

Hi guys,

I know some of you had asked for some pics if we had any luck, and I thought this would be a good thread to post them. My friend Jay (aka-EidesRX) and I met up with some friends for a nice traditional opener.

We caught a few fish in the morning and then retired to a small warming fire to cook some marinated venison. It was an excellent time. We didn't fish too hard, but managed a few fish, and more importantly got to see some good friends.

Tony

TonyOpener2007.jpg

JayOpener2007.jpg

VeniFire2007.jpg

Nice pics Tony, glad you guys got into a couple this year.

Awesome! Thanks for posting pics!

This spring isn't in the cards, but will have to make something work in the fall.

What were the crowds like up there?

Quote:

What were the crowds like up there?

It was really pretty crowded on Saturday. Then the river came up and turned off color on Sunday and the crowds were a little lighter, but the fishing wasn't as good for those who stayed.