• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

When will the smelt run start?

Lets make some guesses on the exact date of the smelt run up on Superior. I'm going to say the 11th of April. I may even make a trip up. I think I might be a little early but with the warm weather and the rain I could be right. What do the rest of you think??

WW

I hope your correct but Im guessing the 17th or so like last year. May be sooner but it always seems that the wind keeps us off for a week.

First decent night will be the 16th and will peak on the 20th will ideal weather. They will be in and out. I predict a qucker 'season'. You can probably guess where I pulled this knowledge from but the only ones that really know are the smelt.

It might be wishful thinking but i hope its a bit sooner.

Well we will have to see when the ICE goes and the temp's warm up grin.gif. I can not wait till it does.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

When we get a few warm days in mid to late April and then a slight NE wind to blow it in the smelt will follow.

Im guessing april 19th for the start and hope they run till may

Randoid

We seined on the 18th last year the night there were 5 foot rollers on park point. We were done in 15 min. with 30 gallons. The next day the outdoor section (who was written by the outdoor guy) read that the dip netters were dippin lester river but strong NErns keeped sieners off of park point. Not the pirates arrrrrr.