• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ramps

Hi everyone,

I plan on fishing the north metro sections of the river for the first time this year and am wondering if there are any resources with a list of ramps and their locations and descriptions. I'm a little intimidated by this section of the river (17 foot alumacraft) and am having a hard time putting all the information in this forum together. Is there a book or something I should have?

One good suggestion is to talk to Jack at Actions Fishing in anoka... He has maps and cen tell you a lot about the river up here...You can pretty much fish anywhere south of the 169 bridge in champlin down to the dam. Going up river from there is a little changeling..( just look at river dogs prop...lol )

Thanks. Looks to me like Mississippi point park is the right access for that stretch. Is that ramp OK on the weekends or is it tough to get a parking spot? Thanks again.

There are 2 ramps in the area one is on the Champlin side not sure on the name of the park. The one on the Anoka side which is up the Rum River, to get there you need to go to Main st in Anoka and turn S on 2nd Ave and it is about 4 blocks down on the right. Not much parking and it fills up fast on the weekend pretty good during the week though.