• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

rubber duck

I feel the urge to add one to my collection! I would like an auto, I have only had levers and bolts soo far. Whats good and bad?

.243 is one of the best all around gun in my opinion. Flat shooting, Low recoil and regardless of what some may say -Plenty of killing power. We have used it up north, out west with great results.

Another bonus, with the low recoil it also makes a great starter gun for a youth getting into hunting(have a daughter starting next year).

I have never shot an auto-loading .243, but when I have brought guns to the range, I have had a much harder time dialing in an auto-loader vs. a bolt action.

My .02

most people I've talked to told me if you want to buy an auto rifle, to buy a browning or Remington... I'm not sure if they make a 243 in a benelli brand, but I'm sure they would be good too, but all my friends have problems in the cold with there benelli auto shotguns.. but I'm sure the rifles would be fine in the cold and stuff because they usually have stronger action springs...

I personally have the .243 bolt, most dependable! Although I have some semi-autos that I havent had any problem with either. Nice lite weight gun, not much kick!

would you consider a .243 WSSM in an AR-15 format? There is a guy in bemidji that does some great things with the AR format, custom work, you will be amazed with the accuracy

I own a Remington 243 and it is an excellent gun. I wouldn't ever consider owning anything other then an auto loader in any gun I own. I have no trouble sighting it in. Let me tell you this when 2 yotes come in you wil never regret owning an automatic. It's just bang aim again and bang. Not bang fiddle around with the bolt/pump, find the running animal in your scope (25 yards further away from where you first shot give or take) and then finally another shot. I have never had a jam. In the 5 years I have owned it I have never taken if fully apart to clean it. I just wipe down the outside and clean the barrel. Go to go.

I just picked up a .243 rem 700 sps dm for 300 bones off a guy that one it at a nwtf dinner. Sweet gun.

Klecker

I have had a .243 on a Mauser action for 15 years.

It takes deer down as well as you could ever ask.

I use 100 gr. Nosler Partitions.

It shoots .4" groups and is a joy to shoot.

I love my .243.

I have two of them (both bolts) and never get to use them as someone always wants to use for their kids deer hunting!!! Great caliber although I prefer a heavier load and more range as we hunt in pretty open country. What is your intended use for this caliber?

I bought...I ordered a 243 barrel for mine...haven't received it yet but want something I can shoot for an hour or two and not cost 50 bucks and have a shoulder at the end of the day. I'm excited wish the barrel would show up.

I want to use it for deer up north(chip nat forest)and other critters back home wide open farmland.

If you plan to utilize this load for 250 yards or more, I highly recommend that you reload your own. Most factory stuff out there is not all that great. I would recommend a larger caliber for deer if you plan to shoot at any distance at all. In the forest, the .243 is all you need as you should be able to group well with the light recoil and flat trajectory of this caliber. Whatever the case, good luck!