• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY MID SUMMER BASS OR WALLEYE CHAMPIONSHIP

AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY MID SUMMER BASS OR WALLEYE MINNESOTA CHAMPIONSHIP

GREEN LAKE SPICER JULY14 2007

100 BOATS EITHER BASS OR WALLEYE

ONLY $75.00 TO ENTER PER TEAM WITH BIG FISH

13 GUARANTEED $500.00 PAYBACKS ,FIRST FOUR PLACES EACH SPECIES AND

3 BIG FISH PAYBACKS LARGEMOUTH,SMALLMOUTH,AND WALLEYE $500.00 each AND

2 $500.00 PAYBACKS FOR TEAM WALLEYE TOP FINISH WITH CANCER SURVIVOR OR BASS TOP FINISHER WITH CANCER SURVIVOR.

FREE BREAKFAST FOR TEAMS AT SPICER AMERICAN LEGION 5:30 a.m.

TEAM MEETING AT 6:00 A.M. SPICER LEGION

TAKE OFF FOLLOWING MEETING,BOATS CHECKED ACCROSS STREET

BANQUET OPEN TO PUBLIC ALL MORNING,GAMES, SILENT AUCTIONS DADS BELGIAN WAFFLES BREAKFAST SPICER AMERICAN LEGION

KIDS GAMES AND PRIZES AT WEIGHIN SITE,DNR LANDING AND SHELTER SAULBURY BEACH.FROM 12.00 to 2.00 p.m.

FOR ENTRY FORM AND RULES OR TO SPONSOR

FISHING FOR A CURE

PO BOX 11

SPICER MN 56288-0011 WE WILL SEND YOU INFORMATION

THIS IS A FUNDRAISER FOR KANDIYOHI COUNTY RELAY FOR LIFE

ENTER NOW OR SEND FOR RULES AND ENTER LATER

BOATER NAME PARTNER NAME

ADDRESS ADDRESS

EVENING PHONE NUMBERS

WALLEYE OR BASS

I mailed mine in 2 days ago. Me and my dad are excited it sounds like fun and for a good cause.

All teams that sent us applications upto April03 have been notified.If you did not recieve phone call send us back a note to such.We do not want to miss anyone.We will call each of you when we get your applications in. I notice that some of you are students,please also list your summer address and phone on your application.thanks.Take off times for your boat will be sent to you June 15th to help with your travel time plans ,these are computer generated..Also you will recieve a lot of coupons to use thruout area and other places from sponsors.We will do what we can to save you some money when you are here.And we promise to entertain you and your family all day long and into evening Have fun.

thanks people we really need you in this.I am offerring a lets beat Steve calcutta here now.I willfish from 11;;00 to 12;30 and any team that can beat me will get $10.00.So if all 50 teams that fish beat me you all get$10.00 each back.At 10;00 in morning we will flip a coin to see if I fish Walleye or Bass .Got to let you know this is the format for some of calcuttas.Good luck,I am really going to practice and hate losing.

Prime49

Are you going to have anybody check your live well B4 you go out to fish? grin.gif JUST KIDDING. Give me a call at home I have some insights to share with you on the calcutta

eyewarrior

eyewarrior,I think I will fish really close to dock in kayak.

You guys that know me see the cruiser in a spot every Saturday as I start my weekend .

Did you notice last year I never moved.Lots of boats drove right by me.

Will call you after weekend.

mr D. thanks for the copy paper .it will and already is coming in handy.let me know if you want some muddy panfish for smoker.maybe that thing could make some usable?ALSO thanks for your entry,we now have over 10 fishing minnesota website teams included in this deal.others are new teams .from Delano and Glencoe thanks

glad ya found the paper and put it to good use...i figure you are running thru paper and ink like water. (a good cause) and thanks again!!!! I just need to find two racks for it and i am set. picking up the fishing boat this week end and dropping off the ice house. looking forward to JULY 14 . WE can't wait laugh.gif

HOW COME YOU DIDN'T PICK ME FOR FISHING? I SEE HOW YU ARE grin.gif

SAW YU FOUND THE SMOKER. I MAY HAVE SOME EXTRA GRILLS IF YU NEED COUPLE FOR YOUR SMOKER.

castindad,yes openings still.Will be posting on American Cancer Society Relay For L:ife events this week.Havent broke down to buy any advertising and will hold off until May 10th to do that.

We mentioned this to a couple local newspapers but I get a lot better results suggesting fish stocking or lack of or doing presason fish report ,stuff like that.

Also we will be giving details to area churches ,electric companies ,and outdoor groups to get some teams.

Anybody wants to give any ideas we really hope we dont have to buy advertising.

Outdoor News and Midwest Outdoors are giving us good plug,mentioned it to couple radio staions locally,no progress with them,but one in metro has plugged it and got us some teams.

Locally not much action,should be good for motels and campgrounds for prefish etc. if every team is traveling.

We have all permits and breakfst banquet ,which is probaly the first fishing banquet around here in years is going really good.This banquet is going to bring a lot of moola to ACS,and a lot of awareness.

Also we are now in contact with a club that is willing to do a raffle{fish house]main prize and will consider that.

I think too now that every team entered is our best advertisement.

Over 10 teams from just this website have joined,seconded by Classic Bass.

Any hints fishermen for a cure.

I'm sending the form and money tommorrow. I am fishing for walleyes. I'll label my fm name on the entry form . My dad and I are pumped for this torney.

Minnetonka Man ,thanks.

Also if any teams have a cancer survivor on team just note that on entry form.And if anybody was wondering we have more walleye teams than bass entered and they seem to be coming in consistantly that way.At this time we just wont tell you how many teams.

Will let you know this was advise from another tournament director that gave us that advise.His tournaments fill faster not letting fishing teams know they still have time to enter.

We know of 84 RV sites 4 blocks from downtown with a swimming pool if you need to bring a camper.City water and sewer etc.,brand new facility with big club house .

Minnetonka Man and jason got your entrys today ,15 teams from Fishing minnesota alone,tops so far for web entrys .3 from Tiger Marine,so they lead on pick up form from sponsors.Tom Chervany called from Tribune in Willmar,that will really help.

Any other ideas? thanks

thanks Dustin from Maple Plain and Bob from Brainerd.

We now have 17 Fishing Minnesota web entrys besides others.These last two are fishing Bass.

By the way last year during this week,sunshine festival week their was a pretty good morning walleye bite and a very good bass bite.

Thanks howard from Plato,wheres Plato?teams from Fishing Minnesota number 18,our best resource for entry.

No entrys from Willmar one from Spicer,two from New London,mostly metro or Hutch ,Glencoe etc after that.

Lets fish

Everyone ask that and we are about 20 minutes south of Hutchinson and a mile away from glencoe. We are excited abou this tournament.

caaan a pontoon be used or is it boat only can two couples fish togeather castindad thanks

castindad ,only one team per boat.Also a couple of people have entered as at taem without a partner,in respect to a former fishing buddy.

Individuals must enter as a team.

I have a couple of cancer survivors ,one 6 years clear another 13 years,that are non boaters that might fish if someone has a boat.

It seems odd that they used to fish quite a bit ,but was one of things given up,both financially from costs of treating or from lack of energy during the fight.

It just never came back to them.I hope we can get a couple boaters to get them back out again.

Any help? Edit

Got a list of boaters that will take out these two and looks like list is going to grow,thanks guys

I asked around at Mel's and a few other places this weekend and nobody knew about this tournament. I have all the info I need from here, but it might be worth getting the word out there.

Any help would be appreciated,we will give Liz another poster .

We gave notice of this to City Office,as we got lease on shelter,County Hwy,park as we got lease on parking and parks space,Spicer Commercial Club,Motels and Resturants and Sports centers.We also got it in with Convention Visitors bureau,Papers etc.

Who else would or could we tell?

One boat dealer already got us 4 teams.

We are even putting out invites personally which is really working.

I would think that if someone doesnt know about it they simply are ignoring it.

FISHING FOR A CURE PO BOX 11 SPICER MN 56288-OO11SEND YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS AND WE WILL MAIL YOU BACK ALL INFO AND AREA MONEY SAVING COUPONS,FISHERMEN ALSO GET FREE BREAKFAST AND A COLD PACK LUNCH FOR BOAT,THANKS

prime keep up the good work, check the lake association they meet on the 5 of may castindad

Hey what about J's Bait, you forgot about the poster there or you want them to take the poster off the Board?

sorry J,keep it up in case somebody from Willmar needs address to get the application or rules.

Got a couple St.Cloud teams today,thanks Sportsmens wharehouse for keeping poster up.

If we get two more from this web site will that make it a Fishing Minnesota Get together?We are at 18 from this site

thanks,I think 20 from one blog would be cool.

never did get my return envelope back. did i miss something? i sent 50.00 then 25.00 ... am i in? just checking. i know you have alot going on.

confused.gif

Mr d actually I am seasonaly bored.

The return envelope is no longer needed just peoples mailing addresses.

Just mail your address toFISHING FOR A CURE Po Box 11 Spicer Mn. 56288-0011

MR D.YOUR IN the envelope was only to send applications bzck to you.