• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manny Fernandez

maros91

With Backstrom's play dominating and Harding doing very well as the back up, is it time to part ways with Manny? I think he is making 3.5 million this year. I think we should trade him in the offseason for a draft pick and use the money to sign a big defenseman. We have no big defenseman right now and only one guy on the team checks (Boogie) and he only plays five minutes a night. Just wanted to get some peoples thoughts.

I think it's great to see. Who wouldn't want 3 solid goaltenders on their team? I haven't seen enough to say that we should trade Manny though.

Certainly Backstrom has played well enough to stake his claim in the NHL. He has played well enough to deserve the starts also. Harding has started off really hot here also, but I haven't seen enough to be ready to deal Manny. It's obviously key to have a really capable backup goalie (per the Manny injury/Backstrom situation this year).

IMO Manny is number three. It's a toss up for me between Backstrom and Harding. I will say that I think Harding is the best positional goalie of all of them. Very rarely have I seen him pulled out of the net and out of position. That's why he makes every save look so easy. If he were flopping around like a crappie most of the time (like Manny does) he would'nt have the great goals against average that he currently has!

Right now Manny may be number 3.

You don't make rash judgments or decisions based on small samplings yes they are playing great now but things can change in the nets very quickly I think the goalies success is in direct correlation of how the team is playing overall.

I would say there is a ZERO chance that Manny would be traded.

Manny just signed a long-term deal last year (the reason they traded Roloson). Look for Harding or Backstrom to be the one traded.

I agree, manny is not going ne where. They gave him the deal to keep him there, and let rolly move on to a different team.

The guys that are playing right now are on fire, and there is no reason to take them out of the net.

Nothing against Manny, but I think we need to keep our young guys, they are playing awesome right now and will give us a great chance in the playoffs

I think your right there. The young guys are playing great, but the fact of the matter is, that manny is a great players, and he was gave the new tag for the money.

I would trade Manny and sign Backstrom to a deal. Try to get a good blue liner. Manny is the oldest and is too much of a headcase. When he comes out and says he might not be the go to guy when things aren't going good. What kind of confidence does that portray to your teammates.