• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

where could I buy or recieve some plot books for clay and becker county? thanks

Usually you can go into the court house and/or Department of Agriculture or even NRCS might. They should be about 20 bucks area.

Farm & Home Publishers out of Belmond, IA sends one out every year to landowners for free. If you have to purchase one from them it looks like they're $40. I've got a Clay county book from 2005 that you can have for nothing if you want it.

I find that the plat books are not kept up to date very well. My parents moved from Clay to Becker county about 5 years ago and the finally got them out of the Clay county plat book this year. If you are just looking for land owner names for hunting, fishing, ect. you can just go to the respective county's web site and navigate to the GIS department of the county and from there you should be able to view maps of the whole county and find out who the land owners are for each parcel of land in the county. These are public files and the information that you will find are the tax rolls for the county and they keep them updated fairly well, Clay County especially, whether it be change of ownership on a parcel, or parcel splits. These interactive maps also have aerial photos that you can toggle on and off so that you can see where you are at. Not all counties have this set up on their web sites, but I know for a fact that Clay and Becker both have a GIS department and have this on their web sites. I use GIS almost every day in my line of work, so if you have a questions let me know and maybe I can try and help you further.

Eyehunter

How do you get into the County website for Becker to access the maps and landowners? I tried to find it but never got into what I was looking for.

Slick -- They are for sale at the Hawley Newspaper office. The cost is $19. Might be closer than running to the courthouse.

Hitman, the information is free on the internet. Sorry, I don't mean to take business away from your paper.

Quote:

Eyehunter

How do you get into the County website for Becker to access the maps and landowners? I tried to find it but never got into what I was looking for.

Go to Becker County's web site (google it if you don't know the address). On the left hand side of their home page select "Departments", when that page loads look on the left again and you will see "GIS Maps", select it and when that page loads slect "Parcel Information". This should take you to a new window and display a map that you can zoom in and out on and slect whichever parcel you want. Once you pick a parcel, it should show the owners name at the bottom of the page, if you click the owners name it should pop up all the information about that particular piece of land. To include the owner and their address.

I really wouldn't put too much stock in those Plat books, they are really not that accurate. Getting the information Direct from the County is much more up to date. Granted if the piece of land has just been sold in the past week or two, it may not reflect those changes, but it will in a lot less time than the plat book will.

BTW, the Clay County site is much the same, Departments, GIS,Parcel information. The maps on the two sites look and operate exactly the same.

Hope this helps.

That's OK -- I'll just have to charge more for tag board and magic markers. grin.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

thanks guys. I guess I would still like to have the book so i had it on hand if im out cruising somewhere and wondering about a land owner or a body of water. to the also include street's and or rual routes in the books?

Hey hitman do you have becker county also?

hey slick,

I'm going to school in crookston next year, I think I'll be home quite a bit next fall for some hunting since I will be much closer....you'll have to join me. I have extra plat books at home from previous years that you can have too if you want.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.