• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lake stay

i'm just wondering if anybody fished this lake over the ice season and how did they do. i used to fish it about 8-9 years ago when i lived down there and used to have a blast with catching perch

I'm not sure if anyone fished it over the winter. I know from last summer that there are lots of carp in the lake. An area minnow trapper worked the lake pretty hard most of the summer. I noticed he wasn't real selective on what he threw in the truck, lots of little bluegill and perch. I don't think much is being caught out of the lake. The DNR info on the lake says that the northern are good sized as far as length but very skinny. Walleye have been stocked but I haven't heard of anyone catching any eyes out of there in years. I remember like you said several years ago the perch were pretty good but haven't seen any of those either. It was pretty green last summer. Looked like green paint floating on top. Sorry, it doesn't sound real encouraging.