• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye limit this year

kgpcr4

I know the daily limit is two per day. How many in possesion? just wondering how many i can bring back when we head up for our 3 day trip.

Looks like i need to cancel then. I just wont drive that far for two walleyes. Not worth it. I think (Contact Us Please) will be where i go this year.

URL walleyes were wiped out by people needing to take a bunch of walleyes home. We spent many years not allowed to take any walleyes with the hope that someday they could recover. The walleyes recovered. grin.gif Glad you cancelled,,,,maybe the sportfishermen coming to URL will not make the same mistakes again.

Hold everything!!! Someone quick, call the DNR and get them to raise the limit before the lake if full of world class walleye and crappies. Hurry!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Looks like i need to cancel then. I just wont drive that far for two walleyes. Not worth it. I think (Contact Us Please) will be where i go this year.

If you need a bunch of fish check out Morey's, they have all kinds of it for sale. Not to mention you don't have to drive up to the country, spend time with your friends and family, enjoy the outdoors or take your kids out fishing if you have any. Just swing into Moreys with your bucket and have them fill it up, it is much simpler and you won't have to spend as much time outdoors. wink.gif

leaves more fish for me to catch!! Granted the 2 walleye is hard to drive up there for........that is why i drive up there for crappies and just happen to catch a hundred walleyes while trying to find them.......That always bugs me those annoying walleyes!! grin.gif

Hmmmm, I noticed you were up at least once before,dumping garbage someone left on the lake in to their truck after they left, how many did you keep then???? Your not sure how many you can keep now????? Im glad you are concerend about the garbage left on the lake but wonder about your lack of knowledge with the limit, it is not like it has not been widely published.Hmmmm???

Better catch walleyes on them other lakes- otherwise it'll take a lot of 9" crappies and hammerhandle northerns to fill the freezer smirk.gif

If I'm gonna have a fish fry for the family, then there no way I can be remotely legal except by hitting the store.

Possession limits per any lake in the state.

I highly prize a pan-fried walleye, but even more valued is watching my grandsons catch and release dozens of fish. Thru the ice or on open water. smile.gif

I dread the time when they might be too "grown-up" to drop everything to go fishin' with Mike. confused.gif

Sorry if I offended anyone. I did not thing i would get ripped for liking fish. Just a thought for Kelly and John. I respect you guys alot!! I really do so do not take this wrong. I get keelhauled for saying i want to keep more walleyes, Yet its ok to stay on the lake playing catch and release all day. I know from the 5 hour stints on the lake last year we quit crappie fishing because we had our two walleyes and were catching to many walleyes for the number of crappies we caught. If i would have stayed out there catching walleyes while trying to get my crappies how many would have died from hooking mortality??? I gaurentee you catch 100 more than 4-5 will die not counting the ones you kept so is catch and release of 50-100 walleyes a day ethical?? I dont think so thats why we quite crappie fishing and we were getting some slabs but did not want to see the walleyes get killed from hooking mortality. Alot of you thought i was not concerned with URL and the walleyes. Thats totaly not true. to be honest to go out and keep 6 and stop is not doing the damage that taking 2 and catching 100 does so who is the real sportsman? I have never taken over a limit yet from URL! we catch our two and eat them that day. There is nothing better than shore lunch walley. We have fished it in the past after opener for the crappies but they are not like they used to be so i would have liked to have been able to take a few more walleyes to bring home. Catch and release of 100 a day does worse than taking 4 and stopping. Just a thought guys. I am really not a bad guy Kelly and John i just wanted people to think about catch an release in its true light. Going over board with catch and relase is not good either, sometimes you need to put the rods away and quit altogether if you want to save the resource. Just because you dont keep them does not mean you are not killing them. We have all seel walleyes floating dead on teh water in URL and that makes me sick. Just my 2 cents. Have a great day guys and i hope you will have a great openier!

Catch and release doesn't mean keeping two right off the bat and turning everything else loose.

When ya know that the fish are biting, ya can turn loose the lip hooks and then ya can keep the two that are hooked deep. Even when those kept are on the smaller side of those released. That's why we don't do rattle reels.

Even on a state-wide basis, possession is only 6 fish including what's in your freezer. That's not per day.

I guess to fully value being able to take two walleyes a person had to go through the years of not being able to take any walleyes and to know that 0 walleyes off from URL might be forever. When the choice is 0 or 2, 2 is pretty neat.

I think that statewide the days of a 6 walleye limits are numbered. With all of technology (fishfinders, GPS's, cell phones, glo hooks, bigger boats and bigger fishhouses) that fishermen use now to fish our resources cannot handle the pressure.

An interesting thought. If everyone picked one lake and only one lake to fish. That lake would also be the only lake that their children and grandchildren would fish through the years. Would fishermen respect and value that lake more? Would we even need rules and laws if this is the only fishing we are leaving our children?

That one lake statement really puts things into perspective, I never thought of things that way. And I agree, I think the days of 6 walleyes are numbered, especially with all the slots the DNR is putting in place every year.

Kelly i have been in favor of a 4 fish limit for a long time. You are so right about how all the new gadgets have impacted fishing. I use it to so i am not complaining. I remeber having a green box and thinking i was the king of the world! how times have changed! As for URL i would like to see 2 per day with 4 in possesion.

I think its cool just getting to a lake large enough that you can get away from the other guy if you like. I was ice fishing yesterday and in the one bay we were on I counted over 15 four wheelers and about 90 percent of the guys were talking on the cell phone at least once. I think its only fittting that they always fall straight into the hole - swish...

This modern crap kinda sucks on a day when you want to enjoy the eagles chirping and geese migrating in 62 degree sun. Instead I was getting frustrated with the constant roar from atv's, augers, and those queer rings everybody has... And why is it the clowns always have to talk so loud outside to there buddies while spilling the beans about the hot bite before the hook is even rebaited..