• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Snow cover on ice?

What's the status on top of the ice for Friday/Saturday? Enuff snow for a snowmobile or not?

Thanks for any tips.

I was just up there last weekend and you can leave the sleds home.

mr grin.gif

Bummer, I was under the impression they got 6 inches of snow sunday night... I just need enuff to go a couple miles to a secret reef...

oh well

We ran our sleds last weekend out of wheeleers point. Stayed on the trail as much as we could. We did run up to Oak Island sat afternoon to get get our speed fix. Put on 110 miles on the trail, about 1/4 mile off the trail. Very rough and hard off the trail.

I would guess with the warm weather it's all but over for this year.

Some of the best sled riding of the year is after the snow is all gone, the ice is a little softened up, the standing water is gone. There is still a couple of good weeks of ice riding left unless the weather gets crazy warm.

What I wonder is how you guys on wheelers jump those 20 foot open cracks this time of year?

Lots of sleds running out on the Black Trail Thursday and Friday. ONce you get out to 8-9 mile there is more snow than the area of Pine. It was 51 degrees on Friday and the snow was starting to get pretty tacky, but looked like the guys were having a good ride. At least there were several that went by that were leaving a large contrail LOL. Bill