• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who has been out. I was out yesterday with know luck confused.gif. I will be out more this week. Let me now how you do smile.gif.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shedfreak

• Monks

• Surface Tension

• SKIPPERS KID

went out yesterday by midwest energy with my youngest lots of deer for him to see but no horns might go out tommorrow if wife has nothing planed

I will be out as well hope to find the big guy's horns? smile.gif.

I would like to find the sheds of the big 12 I 've seen by M.W. Energy. I work just down the road from there and I've seem him a few times this year. I did notice one this morning that one still had his rack but couldn't tell how big he was.

Jar Jar

I looked for about 4-hrs, today with no luck in the city. Seen a lot of Deer smile.gif.

4 in the las 8 days for me. 3/13 3/15 3/18 and 3/21

# real nice ones, with one year and half old buck, no matches so there are still some out there good luck

SHEDFREAK32

HEre are the pics of the ones i found the last 4 days. Its getting easier to find them with all the snow melting, the fisrt two i found were buried, but the last two were not. 3 were nice all scoring over 50 inches while the 8 point had a 22 inch main beam, biggest so far this year. I have my eyes on a big one as well. 3 years and no look, hoping this year will be the one! Post some pics when you guys find some!! good luck

SHEDFREAK32

Picture3-2007297.jpg

Picture3-2007296.jpg

IMG] ' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

Picture3-2007294.jpg

Picture3-2007293.jpg

IMG] ' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

Picture3-2007295.jpg

Good work and nice photos, Looked for 2 hours this afternoon NO luck confused.gif They are there some where?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hey, nice find.

Jr and I went out after supper. 15 minutes into the walk I find a big set from a ten pointer. I'd would've grabbed them but they were still attached to the deer. We watched him and 2 smaller bucks along with a few does out in the field for 10 minutes.

Wow. still haven't dropped yet huh? They are weird that way I talked to some guys who had found fresh sheds back in December!! I have noticed that in SUperior down by the tracks they seem to be the last ones to drop, and they usually are done the first week in march. I was back there last week and probably saw 100 deer and all were baldies so they are done there, the 10 pt you saw should be any day now, keep on his tail and youll find em. Ill be out hard core this weekend, supposed to be real nice out so, we will see how it pans out!!

SHEDFREAK32

Went out by midwest energy for about an hour or so, didnt find a thing, definitely deer there, but no sheds. Must have dropped somewhere else, probably by the tracks. I picked through the woods pretty thoroghly. I have been behiund simko too for a few hours, saw nearly 100 deer, but again no antlers, either Im too late, someone beat me to them, or they just dropped somewhere else. I did find my 5th shed though after i left midwest energy. I went to the spot i found my 2nd shed, and literally less than 3 minutes into my search, there it was, right in front of me!! REAL small one this time, only 2 points, but ill be counting on the next hand when i find the next one, a sheds a shed. Ill be out again this afternoon, good luck everyone, keep me posted.

SHEDFREAK32

well ive spent about 3 hours in 2 days down there at midwest never found a thing either 1st day stayed between the entrances and 2nd day went towards old flemming nothin lots and lots of deer thou

I think the city deer sometimes hold onto them forever because they have little to no stress on them during the winter. But when i say later, i would mean late January, February, not the end of March!

I went out for the longest i have ever been out looking today. 1230 until 630. I found 2 more sheds, nothing spectacular by any means, but to more to the tally. One was last years shed, don't know it lasted so long, but I will post the pics of my latest sheds. I also found a small one last night too, about two minutes into my walk. Up to seven now in 10 times out, and in 12 days. found the 1st one on march 13, up to seven. Cant complain. I was out with a high school classmate, recently discovered he lives here now. Also he has a book out on shed hunting. Its really helpful. I read it about a month and a half ago. Prior to this year, i had about 13 sheds total, spanning 7 years, and this year im up to 7 already. I reccomend checking it out. He also found one this afternoon with me. Ironically enough his name is joe shead !! haha check it out, its been working for me.

SHEDFREAK32

heres my last 3, they are getting smaller as my quantity goes up!!!! oh well. reminder to post some pics when you find some.

Picture3-2007299.jpg

Picture3-2007299.jpg

I have a friend that feeds deer and he has 2 big eight pointers that have been coming in since fall. One dropped his antlers at the end of November and the other one still is hanging on to them. You just never know

Told myself i was going to take the day off today after walking so long yesterday, but I decided to venture out in the rain! I found my first match of the year, probably only one as well, but they were about 1 foot apart from one another, gotta love when that happens, too bad it was a little guy. A 6 point with a broken point at the end of the main beam. Its been 8 years since i found more than one shed in a day, now its happened two days in a row!!

heres a pic of my new matched set along with the rest of them from this year, 9 so far. the black writing on the bottom of the base is how I date them. I dont know why i do it, but when i found my first shed i dated it, and i have just contiunued on doing it to every one i find.

Picture3-2007300.jpg

Picture3-2007301.jpg

Picture3-2007302.jpg

took the beautiful day off yesterday from shed hunting, but found my way back into the woods this afternoon. I found another matched set, small 8 pointer, and a nice 4 point shed, with a g2 that reaches over 11 inches. Thought it could be a match to a similar size right side last week, but after putting them side by side, definitely not the same deer. 7 sheds in the last 3 days with 2 matched sets, and 12 sheds in 12 trips thus far.

SHEDFREAK32

Picture3-2007303.jpg

Picture3-2007304.jpg

Picture3-2007305.jpg

I went out looking again for the 20 point i have pictures of, but again with no luck, i did stumble across this one though, nice bladed G2 should be a real nice one this fall. thats # 13 in 2 weeks now! My luck should run out soon.

SHEDFREAK32

Picture3-2007.jpg

Very nice shedfreak! Keep the images coming....

Just a bonus the exercise you get while looking huh!

Continued my new exercise plan again tonight. I walked for about 3 more hours. I was in a new area of woods that I was not familiar with but was still able to find one little guy, heres the pic. I know im not the only one finding sheds, start posting some pics of all your finds!! I have 14 sheds now in the past two weeks, so if im finding em, other people have to be as well, and only 2 matched sets, so i have a lot of sides out there to be found, including ALL my big ones!!

SHEDFREAK32

Picture3-2007307.jpg

and here is what i saw when i found the shed, not too much to see. First time i took the camera out with me.

Picture3-2007306.jpg

I will be out of town this weekend, so i will be out of the woods! That means you guys have the woods all to your selves. Snatch them up while I am gone, I expect to see some pictures when I get back. Good luck everyone

Thanks for posts and pics, you have some good deer density where your at. SK I'm thinking when you bring that shack up to Ma's, we'll ask to have a look around?

Here's half a ten-pointer I found in the back yard at the edge of the woods/brush yesterday. We feed birds all year around in our back yard, which turns to woods that runs down to Shagawa Lake, and the deer come in all winter to help themselves. This fella had the biggest rack of the bunch, though it's not that big. Nice proportions, just not much spread, about to the edge of his ears.

My wife, who is always out searching for sheds in the woods around the house, was some pi$$ed that I just ambled out and picked this right up and brought it back to the house yesterday. grin.gif

antlers-ten-point.jpg

That one was worth bending over for to pick up and I'll bet you couldn't wait to show Lisa. Next year it'll be a little bigger.

All the sheds I have found are within the duluth city limits. And yes, there is a lot of deer around there. Talked to some bow hunters in the area where I found them and they said there were 14 hunters in that section of woods. Hard to believe these guys made it through the season. Some nice ones were shot though, nice pic of the 5 point shed.

SHEDFREAK32

Unless Mr. 10-pointer gets poached, he'll be back at the feeders next winter. Considering deer home ranges, there's no where that buck can go from our house that's open to hunting unless he strays quite far. We'll see. Deer can travel, so he may move off and get nailed, but if he doesn't, I'll be putting up a ruler along the feeder so when I take pics of him I'll be able to compare his growth to this rack.

He's not wide, as I said, coming out to the edge of his ears, but his main beams are starting to palmate, which is difficult to see in the image, and his tallest tine is 10 inches.

Could become one of those hugely tall, narrow racks you sometimes see, with good mass. Only time will tell.

Steve I will have him smirk.gif. Come bow season keep him fed so he taste great thank you for you help on this deer grin.gif.

Hey Shedfreak, shoot me an email, I want to compare notes about shed hunting. dsmaki at yahoo. Were you in this year's Duluth hunt?