• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Building Rod Locker.......

Coach1310

Hello all. I plan on building/replacing the rod locker on my boat. Its to short to hold my longer rods and I would like to make it a little wider. Does anyone have a rod locker that they love??? What are the dimensions? I have room in my boat to go a hair over 7' long and width is TBD. I probably should have asked this first, has anyone tried this? Good or bad?? Thanks

I have not done this yet on my boat but that is a project that I will be doing when it is time to replace the carpet. On another forum there is a guy who custom makes rod holders for rod lockers. They look like factory ones for bass boats. If you want his information post your email and I will send it to you.

Hey coach, ya should try this under equipment/expert or boats and motors, I always check them..and it seams other people do too.I also am thinkin of doin something like that..but I would also like some pro-advice!Give it a shot!

Every summer I get an old junk boat and redo it,last year 16ft. Aluma craft,befor starcraft this year I have 2 16.5 smokercraft & 18ft Aluminium ??? I've found the length of rod lockers to be as long as possiable,I at times carry a fly rod. The width & depth well the depth is easy if there seats involved no higher than seats,then you have a bench to relax & put your feet up,The width I found very important I go as short as possiable to leave floor room,because more than 3 rods is nothing but hassles getting the bottom one out! so I have put two in one on each side 10-12 inches wide.You'll need to make rod holders! the store bought ones protrude to far and leave little room.I also started to angle them Wide at top to narrow at bottom to match boat side contour.I'm yet experimenting with rod holder design.COACH What kind of boat ya got??