• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kegerator? Home made.

hoggs222

Question

I am looking at making a kegerator out of a mini fridge (6 cubic ft.) Where would the best place in the cities be to buy the pressure regulator, tap, co2 tank, etc?

7 answers to this question

Midwest Homebrew Supply in Mpls or Northern Brewer in St. Paul. Both have websites.

I second midwest.. I started home brewing a few months back and have a nice 2 keg keggerator setup at home. Picked up the fridge off of craigs list for $50 and bought all the supplies from Midwest brewing I've since made an aluminum shelve so that my kegs sit above the compressor and I can fit more of them. Currently, i've got 1 keg of rootbeer and one keg of beer on tap. I've got a 3rd keg that's being carbonated as well.

keggerator1.jpg

keggerator2.jpg

Kylersk,

If you don't mind answering, how hard was it to set up? How much do you think the total cost was? Is there a place to go for directions or do those places help you out?

I've been thinking about it for a while and haven't gotten around to getting it done. Thanks for the help.

Setting up the keggerator wasnt hard at all. Only thing that may be a problem is finding a 1" hole saw. Drill hole in door, make sure it's low enough (from freezer) for your tap handle (so if you open freezer it doesnt hit tap). The rest is plug in for the most part. Oh, and make sure you check for leaks.

I think a 2 keg, home brew setup, runs about $300 or so, not including fridge. A one keg, again home brew style, is about $170. Home brew kegs have a different connection system.. If you plan on buying kegs of beer from a liquor store, you'll need the commercial keg setup. That runs about $213 for a complete setup (minus fridge).

Midwest is well-stocked. I haven't gotten into home-brewing, but they supply me well with everything I need for making wine kits. I just bottled my first batch of wine and have 3 more going with 2 on-deck. Midwest has most things on hand. Their website carries everything their catalog does. They ship very reasonably, too.

Thanks for the responses, I'll check them out! I figured that I could get some responses from fishermen!

Thanks for the help. That ain't bad at all. Sounds like a good project for a late march weekend.