• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Excellent fishing report, 3/15 & 3/16!!

Just wanted to give ya all a report, since I enjoy reading all of your posts!! 3 of us fished out from Bablers west of the rock, road was froze over and very rough! Didn't want to dredge the long bumpy road all the way out to 16 mile. Thank goodness we didn't have to worry, limited out! Fished 29-31'fow, and the action was awesome, every 10-20 minutes, they were biting! No special lures, seemed like anything we threw at em, they bit! Pink/white, gold, blue/white jigs is what we used and only chubs! Shiners, nothing!! We caught and released a 24" & 25" walleye's, got a nice pout too, around a 6lber, also sauger city, limited out on both sauger and eyes, 2 jumbo perch as well! Had planned staying until Sunday, but our limit was fullfilled, so ended on a good and awesome note! Also ran into some friends in and around the same area, they all limited out as well.

Gator

Awsome report, im probably headen up next sunday to fish off bablers road. had some buddies that did really well out that way. hopefully there will still be some fish left for us to have some fun with. cool.gif

Yepper it's been darn good out on the rocks and rubble off of Babblers road all over it sounds. I spent Thur, Fri, and Saturday fishing out that way and had darn good results each day. Did'nt see the mass numbers we saw on this waypoint the weekend prior, but big numbers of nice fish none the less. Some Whale-like Perch thrown in the buckets too!

Gotta love late March on the big pond!

fiskyknut

Fiskey, For all the big fish getting caught and released, is it do to their sponning soon? Just a thought, cuz when we have been up later in the season, seems the biggums come in more so than in the earlier part of the season?! We sure had a blast anyhow, hoping to get in one more time for ice fishing! Glad you got lots of fish too! Seems when someone posts a hot spot, and by the time we get up there, it's not hot anymore...lol!!....Gator

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      Looks to me like Leech brought his chair home!!😅😆
    • Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.