• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Superior Trolling Seminar

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Lake Superior Charter Captain Tom Pfister AKC "Skipper's Kid" will be holding a Lake Superior Trolling Seminar,

March 31st 9AM-2PM at Moldeez (formerly Limit Bar)

1426 Commonwealth Ave, in Gary.

Beginning & seasoned trollers alike will gain something from Tom's experience on the lake. See you there!

Sounds like fun maybe might even learn something. I will be there with bells on. I know there will be something for eveyone to pick up on. Hope to see everybody there.

Gary I will let every thing I now first hand out at this one if you show up you will learn a lot. I can tell you some thing on this site but the big lake has a lot to offer if you now how to apply your self. I hope some here do show up even rick if he has time. This event is sponsored by FM and will be promoted as such see ya all there. There will be some thing on how to catch those big Walleye on the lake as well grin.gif. Steve hope you can make it.

I've got a date with a few steelhead that day otherwise I'd stop by. I hope our those double top secret dock secrets aren't let out of the bag wink.gif That's great that tom is going to help out fellow anglers but I doubt he's going to share ALL his trade secrets. Pay attention though everyone. Your trolling season is right around the corner and you too could soon find yourself with the 'hot hand'.

Come on FMers I know there is bunch of you out there that want to fish the pond. Wellhere it is . From novice to those who think they know. This will cover everything from lopper to fall salmon. I know everyone good use a few more ideas and tips. Hope to see a lot of you there.

Mike glad to see you coming up for this. I will help you out on any boat rigging you need done as well. I will have a good part on the walleye fishing and how to get them as well grin.gif. See ya there.

Tom,

We can all use a few new tips and ideas. I could still definitely use some tips on bottom bouncing for lake trout. I have had some success with this but not as consistent as I would like. I plan to be there and appreciate you taking the time to share info.

I would like to attend but I have to be in Esko at 10am for a short while. I could make it down there about 10:30 if that would be OK. I'm not sure if I would want to interrupt anything going on.

I would love to make it because my knowledge of Lake Superior is jack squat, but I too have a date with mr. walleye on the fox river at depere. Have fun guys and maybe you can pass some of the info. conveyed to all of us here on FM. Tight Lines!

GoggleEye

Opsirc They are not having one this year. To many snags that is why I am doing this one. Just to help other's out on the big lake smirk.gif.

Well guy's thank you for the phone calls on this event. I am very happy to here you are looking forward to it smirk.gif. I hope you learn and have good fishing on the big lake grin.gif. See ya there.

Your not going to want to miss this guys. I went to one of Toms seminars last year and it was excellent. I think I learned more listening to his seminar then I did in ten years of trail and error and learning on my own. Definitely worth it.

Count me in Tom! I look forward to this seminar, and also the swap meet, then finally getting my tush on the lake and catching fish instead of doing circles around you getting burnt by the sun and being bored!!

Papa woodie!!!!! You have helped me out a lot in our short time. I would like to now if I need to do a part on making sure your boat is hooked up and there when you get home? Would hate to see you lose your Boat to, You did lose a lot this winter confused.gif Glad to see you can make it smirk.gif.

Thanks Tom! My boat is going to stay secure in the garage! I just ordered some parts for my boat. When i drained my lower unit oil last fall, i lost my 2 screws/gaskets that hold the oil in, so i called Linc Rec in Minog and got those ordered. Now i have to check over the downriggers and check out the cable and counters, make sure they are in good shape, check out the batteries etc. A good vacuum and i will be close.

I am looking to install a CD player and GPS/Sonar Unit. i just emailed you about those...let me know what you think.

I had mentioned before that i will be fishing the brule that day but forgot about weather...if the weather is miserable I'm thinking about bringing my non-trolling work buddies to the seminar and sounds fun to see who's gonna be on the lake. Just wondering how much it costs or is it free seminar. My budget is running pretty tight these days blush.gif. Probably not much if anything and worth more than all my gear. The gear that is slowly getting set for TROLLING! I'm kinda excited about that. smile.gif

Matt, adults are $10.00 kids are free cool.gif. I do not now if you are a kid yet shocked.gif. Hope you can make it, I talked to Bill tonight and you should call and say hi smirk.gif.

Tom

I wish I could make it but I will be moving the boy down to St Cloud that weekend ,,I will just have to pick your brain another time ,,,

Randoid

OOPPS, Sorry for your lost on the info that will be there confused.gif. I can not believe you would miss this? Well maybe wade will go and fill ya in smile.gif.

Sounds good Tom. I'm hoping for good weather but nice to have something else to look forward to if it goes sour. I'll have to give "Wild Bill" a call this week then.

I hope you do call wild Bill? He ask about you all the time, So call him when you have time.

Its good to start seeing some people going to this. Hey frank give me a shout if your going you can ride down with me if you want.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

ripstick, sounds good we'll ride together.

With temps this nice and getting every thing ready for Saturday. I have to get out soon and catch a fish.

Tom,

I'm not sure that I am comfortable with you sharing your secrets that you showed me on your boat last fall. Wont be much fish left in the pond if everyone knows. smirk.gif

I think you are right but did you remember what I showed you???? confused.gif. If I am right you booked for a full day? I now we where back to the Dock by 9;45am. I think you need to learn more you went out in your own boat the next day and got zipped so I think you should come and learn smirk.gif. Like they say back to school again and again. But you are right the fish will be in trouble after this one grin.gif.

Yup it was just a little to quick. But you take it when you can get it.

Right?

Myself and frank will be there.I hear loonasea is coming. I wonder if his partner (wade) is going to go with him.