• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

basstrebesch

Whats goin on with the bassin? Two times ya got my hopes up! then its been dropped.Are you yet here?When is the first tourney? How bout some info good or bad.

Not sure where he is at but I will chime in. First tourney is on long lake by willmar and the second one is on Green. Since I havnt talked to him in a couple of weeks I cant really tell you if he is running it or not.

Still working out details with chris to take over web site. Tournement dates are 6-2 long lake 6-16 green lake 6-30 washington-stella 7-14 koronis 7-28 waconia 8-4 clearwater 8-18 open touney sauk lake. any other ? let me know. Sorry about the delay been real busy.

o0o0o0o i know sauk like the back of my hand!! Now i just need a patner with a boat!!! confused.gif

It will be nice to have someone different running it. Chris is a nice guy but sometimes it was not very organized. smile.gif

Since you are asking, here are my two cents! smile.gif

I don't know if you are going to have a co-director, but help doing livewell checks before you get on the water would make things smoother, as well as check in on the water at check-in time.

We had a few instances where folks come blasting in at least five minutes late, and get to weigh fish. That is one thing in the rules that is very clear.

The website also needs to have the ramp posted, so you know where to go, since some of the lakes have multiple launches. These have been issues the last couple of years.

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. If you need a co-director, I may volunteer, since there are perks. wink.gif

I think we need to take better care of the fish at weigh in. Limit the number of bags available and only allow teams to weigh with the official bags. Too many guys standing in line with fish in bags means dead fish. I would be more than happy to help you enforce this rule. Besides, I think everyone would cooperate as long as they were told at take off and again prior to weigh in.

what my club does is we have a holding tank (old sink) for the person just prior to them weighing in.. its located right by the scale.. Also no more than 2 people in line at once so 1 is always weighing and the others fish are in the tank ready to weigh right after.. Everyone eoses fish stay in their livewell until its their turn smile.gif.. last yr we approximately 350 bass and only 3 died ( all were deep hooked) just my 2 cents worth smile.gif

I agree about the fish care as well. The other issue is releasing fish into a shallow bay in some of these lakes can be fatal.

Ya having some type of holding tank for one or two bags prior to weighing in is a good idea. A rubbermaid tote I have seen used. Problem is the water we be low on oxygen after a few bags. Also having everyone draw for position when we pay instead of right before take off along with livewell inspection. One of these times someones going to run into one another trying to inspect livewells. frown.gif

maybe we need some type of aerated holding tank. aerators are relatively inexpensive.

• 4 weeks later...

yes chris came over on sunday and got all paper work from him. any ideas on advertizing to try to get more teams would be helpfull.

e-mail me at bassfishingnerd at yahoo if you have a few minutes

how many teams do you have in so far???

Only have five for sure teams right now. would like anyone that is going to fish to send in forms or let me know if they are fishing for sure. If teams need forms let me know.

Five?? We are talking about midwest sportsman right?? thats the one you took over??

You will get quite a few teams bringing in the forms on the first tournament. I know that the last two years that was the case. I know we usually bring ours to the first tournament. smile.gif

Havn't sent in forms yet but I plan on fishing again with the same partner(orange boat). I will get the ball rolling early, we paid at the first tournament last year. Do we need to send the forms to a new address. I havn't checked the website recently. Thanks for taking things over!

Hey Superduty,

I thought you would have gotten a camo boat by now. I know how hard it was for you to duck hunt between Rice and Koronis in the cattails with the orange one. grin.gif

LOL, crazy.gif That was my partner you are talking about. I heard all about it, but wasn't fishing with him that year. He cut a big enough channel that day that some guys were fishing it during a later tournament! I made sure that we fished out of my boat on Koronis last year. Just to be safe!