• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

the water run off is making the river cloudy which will help the bite.hair jigs tipped with a minnow is working plus plastics thrown up in the rip rapp is working well.with the moving water watch out for floating logs. good luck. IKE

south wind sucks, couldnt really fish a lot of spots we wanted to. Never saw a fish boated and only had three bites ourselves. One sauger off a wing dam and a chunky cat. Fished midday, hair jigs and minnow. Gonna make it back on thur and fri for some redemption.

Fished for a few hours today....................Very tough, never boated a fish. Tried a bunch of spots and gave an honest effort. Also tried a couple different presentations.................nothing. Oh well better luck next time. We decided we would have beter luck at the Barrelhouse in Red Wing, they were biting there. lol.

Matt

Just got off the water minutes ago... Still very slooow. But a heck of a day w/ buddies in the boat. Caught one nice Sauger, a few small sauger but no Walleye. We saw one 'Eye boated and a couple smaller fish. But there is still not much action. DNR surveyor at the landing said he didn't see much come in either. It was nice to know the boat still holds water and motor runs well.

What do we have to water temps around the dam? I'm planning on coming down to fish for smallies tomorrow. laugh.gif

On Pool 2 last night water temp was 36.6.

Last week on Pool 4 water temp was 40 in the main river, but the lock side was up to 45.

I'm planning on being there tomorrow as well to play bumper boats.

water temp was averaging around 36 on thursday i say average because i saw temps from 35- 37 but nothing warmer. hopefully it warms up soon.

Thanks for the replies! smile.gif I'm sure there will be too many boats out there, but I need to get a line wet. I won't be fishing for walleye anyway, so I will stay out of that crowd.

Sluggo - post a report when you get back on dem smallies. I can already see my report. It'll be like last week. Marked fish all over and snagged a lil sauger. - But it's nice to be in a boat again.

I will post an update. I'm pretty stubborn, and will stay out there until I catch one. laugh.gif If I can make them bite on the upper 'sippi in the middle of the winter, I can get them to bite too, provided I don't have to dodge fifty walleye boats in the process! wink.gif

Good luck - my plans fell through so you won't have to avoid me out there, but the other 100+ boats... um.... tongue.gif

Your not missing much, Clarity is about 1 inch, if that, so much debris in the water alot of the good areas for bass are near unfishable, had a water temp of 43 lock side and 39 every where else, Had one monster greenie on down river with 3 other bumps on a trap. Thats it, I have a hard time down there, but thats just me

Thanks for that bit of information. I will have to keep that in mind on the way down. smile.gif Murky water can be fun, but I think the sun being out will help.

Flip, How have you been? It's been a while!

I'm heading to the river today to see for myself what it looks like. I was there on Tuesday and from the reports at the bait shop it was slow for everyone.

mw

Theres a difference between murky and no visibility, its the dirtiest coldest water Ive ever fished for bass confused.gif LOL about the sun to, unless its a big change from Elk River They lied grin.gif

Nothing to report here. Muddy with debris. I had one bite, and that was it. My day was cut short due to trolling battery issues. smile.gif

Big ol skunk for my boat. I ended up going there, but why confused.gif Then I packed it up there and headed to Pool 2 for another skunk. Debris, no clarity, fast current and 38.8 degree water temp = waste of $. Pool 2 had about 6-8" of clarity north of pike island.

That makes me feel a little better. I almost went there after the zoo at Red Wing. smile.gif My batteries went out, so that put the end to that.

Anyone know anything about the backwaters down by pool 5? they open yet? I might want to go down there and beat my head against a brickwall on Monday grin.gif since its gonna be so nice out. If not I might just wait about 2-3 weeks