• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i have been using the lilly dale ramp at least once a week the ramp is fine, iwish there was a dock there but what do u do. early spring there were a few trucks there launching, but has really slowed down last time i was there i was the only boat in the lot, and that was on a sat.

GOOD!!!!!!!!!

Hey Beav, how the fishing been? Chances are good I will be down there later in day on Sat. for a little evening cat session. Going to try old stand by of cut sucker. I might try some vac. packed shad. I found a place thats sells this.

Maybe see ya down there. Good luck!

SHACKBASH

P.S.

I think there is lights at night down at lilydale. I can not remember from last year. If I remember it was lite up at night. I can not believe I can not remember this, with how much I have launched there over the years. We launched the other weekend at 35w bridge on the MN and there was really not lightage (dark)?

I DONT THINK THERE IS MUCH LIGHTING THERE AT ALL. THE SIGN SAYS THAT THE LANDING CLOSES AT LIKE 10PM ALSO NOT REALLY SURE IF THEY COME AND CLOSE THE GATE. IF U ARE LAUNCHIN AT NIGHT MAKE SURE TO HAVE A BUDDY DOWN THERE. IT IS NOT THE SAFEST LANDING ONCE THE SUN GOES DOWN. ON A LIGHT NOTE FISHING HAS NOT BEEN THE BEST FOR ME THERE. BUT WHO KNOWS

I launch there all night long, every year. I see the sign saying 11 but I have yet to be closed-in or ticketed. If you ever see a white subaru or grey alumacraft v-14 say hi.

I see your 'Unsafe- have a buddy with', and raise you '2 gun shots, 2 different times'. Keep an eye over your shoulder at night. Call me paranoid, but I live close and shore fish the wingies alot also, and have seen some characters that made me nervous. I always have a blade by my side to say the least.

Beav,

I have fished their for over ten years. I fish all night or come at sun down. Either they do not lock gate at all during summer, or they see someone is still there and do not lock it. When I am loading up, things go by fast and it seems lite up down there. I allways figured if they lock it, it means "fish on till dawn". I have been down there many times shore fishing at night and have not had a concern. I do know what you mean though, it is not a place A woman would (or a man) should not be walking around and unaware of were they are at. When I come back to car alone, I almost allways have something in my hand. I do mostly fish with another person. It may be slow, but soon it will pick up. I do not drive all the way down their for nothing (well maybe once or twice) from Princeton. I will look for your guy's boat when I go down. Good luck.

that is good to know. I just moved down from duluth last year and would like to get into some cats down there. the ramp is only 7mins from my house. i will have to get out there and try at night some time

You are a lucky man. I think I have told you this, but I have buddies that live up on bluff and they allways brag about how close they are. If traffic is moving fast I make it down their in a little over an hour.

Speaking of so... has anyone caught anything interesting out of Pickeral by Lilydale other than pannies.

No, have not walked the trail tracks back there for awhile. Used to get good size northers and crappies from their. I know when we have a good year for run off and rain in spring, this helps the fish population of pickrell (spill over from river). We have not had much of that in last coulpe of years.

when u are fihing be the bridge what are u using for them kitty?. we have started to work there after work, we have tried crawlers and and some cut bait. but no luck.

I would say, years past I have used cut sucker. This has been a good stand by for many years. This year I have started to use bull heads and do not have a good enough basis to judge them yet. Also this year, I am going to start using dead shad. I found a place that sells them and going to give them a try. My brother in law and my self have had good luck by "train Swing Bridge"; I figure this is the bridge you are talking about. I have had good luck on up stream side (were water eddies) and on down stream side by the end of wood poles. Those are good spots.

that is the bridge. Gander Mountian sells that dead shad for 9.99 for a big bag of them. I think walmart and fleetfarm have them too. i just baught some Strike King Stink bait and am gonna give that a try tonight

Thanks Beav,

Have you fished on other side of river yet? Can you still see hippies over at the old plant accross from swing bridge. They used to have a tone of house boats and other boats out there. They were free comunial livers.