• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is anyone still ice fishing??

I went out last Friday and couldn't find an open access anywhere. I only have a small Ford Ranger, and my understanding is that its hard to get on the lakes with a 4 wheeler. I just want to do some fishing, how about Little Detroit? I never made it over there Friday to check. Help!! It can't be the end, can it??

I've been out the last couple of nights maybe 30 miles north of detroit lakes, the slush at the landings is the worst part once on the lake it's not too bad but a 4x4 seems like a must.

was out saturday on Lizzie, they actually had a plowed road across the lake. Its been a lot warmer since then but the road was great.

Quote:

how about Little Detroit?

Little D looked pretty wet this morning. With these warm temps accesses are looking very rough. Snowpack on the lakes look to be down significantly as well. I would plan on having something that is good blasting through slush.

Looks like cooler temps forecasted for later this week will help tighten things up a bit.

Where do you get on Lizzie at?? Thats another one I drove by, never even checked the public access cuz of the hill.

We went on the lake at a private or semi private access, Freind brought me there so not sure how private it is. However it looked like the plowed road was all the way to the public access. And I know there was a group of guys that had come from the public.

The private access on Lizzie is now closed, pretty much wrecking the guys yard. Was out there last night and walking is the only way now, public access is heaved up. I have a friend that lives there and he lets me go through his yard

I was out tonight, and the lakes are a mess. Driving no problem, but 6-10 inches of standing water everywhere. A couple days and it should drain, or some cold may freeze it. I'm hoping it stays warm and the ice goes quick, I want to chase crappies in the new to me boat laugh.gif.

Quote:

I'm hoping it stays warm and the ice goes quick, I want to chase crappies in the new to me boat .

I call shotgun on the bow tongue.gif

I'm waiting for open water too, so I can start flyfishing...