• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Important FM get together information request

I have searched and cannot find our earlier post on the

the June get together. I was talking to Scarface last

week and he mentioned the Warroad Point is still pretty

barren following the tornado that pummeled the area last

summer.

Here is the question (questions?) Since this years event

was to be in the beautiful park in Warroad, does anyone

know or will someone local check with Warroad and see what

the timetable is for rebuilding the gazebos and fish

cleaning houses. (that was question number one).

Since we havent apparently done this yet, can we get a first

draft on who may be attending. Two Saturdays to choose

from...June 16th and June 23rd. June 23rd is one of the

days for the new Walleye League but that runs from 8 am to

noon so I dont think that is much of a conflict, you can

do both???

Let me give you a quick run down on the day. We all meet

up at the boat landing and get squared away in the morning.

Fish fish fish fish fish, then we come in and have a fish

fry under the new gazebos and make a bunch of new friends.

If you dont have a boat-no problem, If you have a boat but

no one to fish with-no problem, we will have it all sorted

out by then.

Everyone brings something for the fish fry (also determined

in advance)and everyone brings their own beverages.

We are done and the mess is cleaned up before nightfall.

This is a nice family event, there will be wives and kids

along so dont be afraid to bring yours.

OK, now you type

I'll call that lady at the C of C this week sometime Curt to see what they're thinking of doing. Barren is right....Both fish cleaning shacks and both gazebo's gone

New Walleye league? Whats the story with that??? I have'nt heard anything about such.

Hey Curt, almost certain we will be there again--women!! For some reason or other, Monica thought that was a long way off. Likely bring beans, slaw and goose sticks again. This 60 degree stuff really has me thinking open water.

Hello Everyone:: Either date works for me!! I'll be there where ever it's held... It's always a blast to meet other F/M'ers... As soon as the final date is set, I'll get together a group to fish, probably my Son and his Twins.. Let's see what should I bring?? ... smile.gifgrin.gif Kaz

The 16th is Fathers Day weekend (darn). The next weekend

is Walleye League, the weekend after that is the 30th,

getting pretty close to the 4th of July weekend.

Start pitchin in what will or wont work for you..

Fathers Day weekend works for me.

Walleye League Saturday is only a catch because from

8 to noon I can have only one person in my boat with me.

The 30th is fine also.

I would really like to attend but have a small boat an children who get board in a boat an might have to return to shore, would there possibley be a FM'er willing to accomodate that need? Boar

When I was at the Warroad city council to get a permit to use the park for the walleye league HQ I asked that very question, Mayor Bob said the would know the plans for the Point reconstruction in about 3 weeks. That was on Feb 26 so they should know soon, I’ll check and post the answer.

Boar,

Small boat fishing out of Warroad is not a problem on a

nice day. There could possibly be a brand new playground

for the kids by that time, if the kids get enough of the

boat they can burn off some energy on the swings.

Thanks Scarface I know we must hurry up and wait a bit.

Okay then, with Scarface going head on I guess I won't have to bother calling then.

Thanks Pat. I just wrapped and hid a bunch for the get together. A little different mix this year--snows, blues, specks, canadas and mallards. Yumm.

Looking forward to heading out of Warroad for the first time. Will there be any low water problems?

Take care.

Steve, ramps are good and the channel is being dredged again this spring.

Thanks, Norm. Sent you an email asking what colors you were interested in. Speaking of colors---my new white #11 is sure looking pretty!! Might just have to "wonderbread" it too.

My Yahoo mail is'nt working today but once it is back up I'll get back atcha Steve.

I have'nt even seen the new white ones, definatly pick some up. Wonderbread a few for me eh!!! That new saltwater X-rap diving crank is gonna get some time in the water too, kinda big but those big eyes should have no problem with it! I'm still in ice mode and have'nt done any thinking let alone stocking up on openwater stuff yet.....Errrrr, a, I have been thinking jig, jig, jig on the Rainy though!

Do you make it up for the ice out bumper boat games on the Rainy Steve?

I tried calling the city office in Warroad twice today and never hooked up with any answers. I'll call again tomorrow.

Barring another year with unforeseen circumstances, I will be there. My fishing partner now has the camping spot right next to mine in Warroad. There is a large open area behind our campers with plenty of parking, so the group is more than welcome to have the fish fry there....We even still have shade trees. I will also have people available to watch "smaller kids who get bored", and will have a couple seats in a bigger boat if it happens to be rough; so don't let that hold anyone back. Man am I ever getting Open Water Fever.

Hi Everyone,

As far as I can tell the Mrs and I will definately try and make it back this year. The 23rd or 30th weekend would probably work best for us. Might be able to swindle another taco saled out of the Mrs. Also thinking I might be able to get some hats or shirts from one of the new FM sponsors.

Brian

Since date hasnt been an issue yet. Lets toss fathers

day out of the mix leaving June 23rd and 30th.

Scarface, what do you think about the get together on top

of Walleye League the 23rd? Either date works for me.

Curt: 23th works better I would think, so as not to interfere with the Forth of July weekend. A lot of families have the next week off and are doing "The Family thing" from the 30th to the 9th.. I'd even think Fathers Day weekend would be something the Dad's could enjoy with their children.. Kaz

I dont think it is a good idea to have this event on top of

the Walleye league. Many of the regulars here will be busy

all morning with the league and will not have time to be

social.

Let's narrow this down to Fathers Day Saturday(16th) or

Saturday June 30th...

We will pick a date this week if we can....so pipe in here

and help choose

I vote for Fathers Day... Middle of June seems to be the better fishing too. Let's make it a Great Father's Day... smile.gif Kaz

I'll cast my vote for as early as possible in June.

I also don't think an FM gathering should be or would need to be scheduled around this new walleye league thing. I'm not sure how many 'regulars' are even in this new league deal, and the folks that come from a distance certainly are'nt, so why schedule the fm gtg around it???

fiskyknut

The 23rd is fine by me.

I talked with Kathy at the Warroad city office. She said nothing has been confirmed yet. A designer was going to present a proposal for rebuilding the Point area structures on the April 5. They may know more after that.

Earlier will be better for fishing, so I vote for Father's Day or sooner. And again, don't worry about the shelters getting re-built, I've got it covered if they aren't ready.

Way cool Mike has a spot adjoining yours WJ. Reckon he's got a new camper after his last one flew away last summer eh!

Thanks all,

I like the Fathers Day date for fishing and timing reasons.

I am glad there is other positive feed back......

June 16th going once......?

My vote is for the 30th I am fishing a tournament on the 15th-16th so I will not be able to make it that weekend.

Brian

How's about the 9th? Should be about as good as it gets round then on the Warroad nearshore areas. The earlier the better for sure.

SX can you bring one of those new glass jobs? grin.gif

Sure like to see one of those.

Any weekend would work for me but I am not for sure yet if I'll make it whenever it's held till about the last minute.

As most socialating does'nt happen till after the days fishing ends the 23rd should still be on the plate I feel regardless of this league deal. I'm even hoping to do every one of them if possible once I get more info about it and if I can maybe find someone else who wants to do it.

We've been throwing this summer shin dig for quite awhile and I'd like to see it work out for all.

The 9th really works for me too!! My Son and two Grandsons are Boy Scout camping on Father's day.. But when ever it is, I'm in... As WJ & Fisky said, the earlier the better.. Warroad will be a great change of scenery, looking forward to it... Kaz