• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tipping?

What do people consider an appropriate amount to tip the guides and when to do it? We are renting a sleeper from River Bend this weekend from Friday to Sunday. Do you tip some each day or at the end of the weekend?

Thanks

Pops

I like to slide into the fish cleaning house and stuff money

into the guides shirt pocket at the end of the day and say

thanks for a job well done. It might be best to divvy up

your tip for both days especially if they guides really come

thru or you can tell they are running themselves ragged

to give you their best shot.

I think you are in territory where you decide at the end

of each day what you want to do.

River Bend will do a great job for you, I know you will be

impressed. I will be up there too...see you at breakfast.

Good luck

Quick question and your opinion wanted, if one stays at a

resort and rents a fish house and the people just show you where the house is and you drive to it, do you think one should tip and if so what would be right, I do not want to be cheap and now got to thinking all the years I have gone here should I have been tipping, thanks for any opinion

If it is entirely hands off I would not worry about a tip.

The tips would be for the guides and If you are not using

a guide and nobody checks on you or brings you anything and

you clean your own fish. Who would expect the tip?

I agree with Curt on his posts. We tip the guides in the evening when they bring our cleaned fish to the lodge or the cabin. Again depending on how much they do will depend on the tip. I've had days when they allowed us to move three times (granted houses have to be available) clean the fish, check in to see if everything is going all right, brought us a pot of coffee back when they return from their lunch break, those are the days when the extra money paid is well worth it. Good luck and hang on. Bill