• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Getting excited...

I am heading up to fish with a group of four other guys this weekend, 16-18. It will be the first trip up there for me and my buddy. We are staying down at the motel on Wheeler's Point and planning to head out over Pine Island. From what I hear the bite has been pretty good just north of the island. I am wondering if I can get some recomendations for presentation and bait choice. I have a slew of Angel Eyes, pimps, and buckshots as well as plenty fat-boys and genz worms. I also have a few jiggin raps but have never had good luck on them. We are planning to fish two jig lines in the house and have some tip-ups set up outside to serve as our deadstick lines.

Should we go with shiners, chubs, fattys, or most likely the combo? Also, has anyone tried using larve or waxies for eyes, as I have caught them on those? Do the perch up there have a preference?

We are also going up this weekend and can't wait for thursday to get here. There is seven of us going. We are staying at Adrians. Sounds like the fishing is going to be good anywhere you go.

We had excellent fishing out past Pine fish were real finiky had to use a certain technique to get them to bite all in all we iced around 75 to 80 fish. Lots of fun and only could get them on certain lures fish were aggresive but real hard to get then to bite.

Can't wait till the 24th

Well if you see us out there stop by and say hello. We will be fishing in a Trap Guide with a Black F-150 pretty near-by. My name is Tom. Maybe we can share some hot-spots or tips. Well, hopefully we will be able to share some hot-spots.

Hi Crop,

Care to share the technique? I am taking my 7 y.o daughter and 10 y.o. son this weekend. We will be in a River Bend sleeper and they are out past Pine Island. I had the 7 y.o. there 3 weeks ago and we caught all our fish on a plain red hook. They wanted nothing to do with any kind of jig that weekend. They would spook as soon as the jig was moved.

Thanks,

Pops

I will be in an Eskimo III and the other to I believe are Otters. We are riding our sleds out right from the cabin. I will look for you stop and say hi if I see you. Hopefully everywhere we go will be a hotspot. We are going out to Garden Island Firday morning for the day. Will be back in after the night bite.