• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Pintocrazy

Ice thickness on Upper red?

Pintocrazy

Wondering if anybody has an idea on how thick the ice is on Upper Red right now?

Thanks

LCC0709

I was up this past Sunday and as luck would have it I forgot to take my extention. Thank god I didn't need it but my back sure wishes I did. I was all the way down to the ice without it. My advise....Pack extention the night before!!

LCC

fishing-g

was up monday thru wednesday. had 37 inches 2.8 miles out of hillmans

WKSparrow

had 39-40" 5 miles out of Hillman's last weekend...

WALTERCRAFT

had 1 extension last wknd and motor was hitting the ice as it broke thru-8 miles out.

Borch

Quote:

had 1 extension last wknd and motor was hitting the ice as it broke thru-8 miles out.

Yep,

Out there no extention meant no fishing. Ice depth ran 45-48" in the areas we fished this weekend.

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

We were fishing near a heave and it took two 12 inch extentions to get through in some areas

harvey lee

Thats another reason I like my Nils auger. The 48 inch shaft can go through about anything. smile.gif

Borch

Quote:

Thats another reason I like my Nils auger. The 48 inch shaft can go through about anything.
smile.gif

I needed every inch of that 48" shaft at times. laugh.gif