• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Great Job again this year Tom. We will be back again next year. A big thanks to Interstate Battery. One comment for next year. TURN THE HEAT UP AND THE FAN DOWN. Your Duluth weather is terrible. I just got back home and its a nice 72 degrees. Going out for some Bay Eyes now. Great job to everyone and congrats to the winners.

Chris Tostrup

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• SKIPPERS KID

• ripstick

• cranken21

considering how horrible the conditions were, I still had a blast and impressed how versitile the fishermen in the grand slam can be to adapt to the conditions and still come in with nice baskets of fish. it seemed every team was coming in with at least one very very nice fish. We got a 4 the first day and a 6 the second. not to mention the 29.5 we got the day before the tourny. tongue.gif

Just want to say a big thanks to Tom and his Family for another great tournament, and congrats to John Swanstrom and Shawn Prodlock and everyone else who did well.

• 6 months later...

Hey Everyone. Holidays are coming up so hope all is well with everyone. Merry X-mas from down here in Wisconsin. Hope to hear from you all.

Chris & Tom Tostrup

Hello all,

I was pumped to see Grand Slam Walleye back on the forum! It's December and I'm already thinking about this tourney! Can't wait! Man it's going to be a long winter! Cheffery are you still up for a friendly little wager? How bought you North, are ya in? Hopefully, my new motor will run for the entire tourney this time. Going 4 mph really sucks!Have a great holiday season everyone.

Drew

Well we wish you all a safe holiday season from Deb And I And to Drew I hope you can go better than 4 MPL's I hope every one has a merry X-mas I hope we have Deb this year helping she would like that but it will take time smirk.gif. So we will see you at the Bash or at the grand slam well have a fun X-mass with your family they are implacable so god Bless to you all for your support.

Drew I dont need a wager to get me goin. Im pumped up 24/7 to fish the river.

Im hoping to get out tomorrow for a few hours.

Im also hoping to catch 4 fish 1st day unlike last year. crazy.gif

Quote:

Hello all,

Cheffery are you still up for a friendly little wager?

As long as your boat is floating, were on!!!

...just learning about the Grand Slam Tourney can somebody tell me a bit about it - I would like to participate in 2008!

When is it...Where is it...Any limitations on who can enter???

Thanks for any info....

Copman, the tourney is located on the St. Louis river and anywhere it can get you. So it includes the Bay and Lake Superior. Usually held the weekend after opener it is a 2 day tournament with a 2 man team. Last year I believe there were around 50 boats. Prizes vary dependent on sign up.

This is a well run catch & release tournament, highly competitive in the two day format and just plain old good fun.

I checked the website and dates for 08' aren't up yet, Tom Phister aka Skipperskid on FM runs it. I'm sure he can fill you in with more details.

St.Louis River between Duluth/Superior. 2nd weekend of the walleye season. Anyone can enter. Just search Grand Slam Walleye Tourney and you will find it.

2 person teams and its a 2 day event.

Prepare for rainy, cold WINDY weather. Its nasty every year for that event.

Oh and if you see a white Ranger 620 with a Evinrude on the back coming at you full tilt get out of the way! That boats on land more than its in the water and the driver can only see out of one eye and he is usually blind out of the other. grin.gif

See everyone on the water. Dont forget no Lake Superior this year.

Cheffrey & Northlander,

Thanks for the info looking very forward to the tourney and already put it on the calander....I hope you guys are not sensitive to new-comers taking away a little prize $$$! Look out for team Barron Co. Sheriff's Dept this year:)

Is there a web-site to watch that has info?

Thanks Again - off to get some Wisconsin Walleyes this evening!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Boyz - just getting past the holiday crunch and thinking about 08 fun stuff like the GS tourney.

Tosty - looking forward to the Mich trip.

Got a tourney question for ya all - I don

't see in the rules anything regarding upgrading a size of fish after catch and livewell placement. Is this an unwritten rule, we have followed the "once it's in the well it's yours" rule.

Looking forward to open water.....Aric Anderson.

No sorting or culling allowed in the Grand Slam.

Anyone who wants to come up and "Win some $" come on up. The more the better in my opinion.

No Lake Superior this year from what I understand so there will be some monster baskets brought in. 4 eyes a day of any size will surely put some teams over 25 pounds a day.

Myself I would like to keep the 2 over 2 under. More strategie in my opinion.

Woodie if they cut out the big lake(wich was the talk last year) I believe it goes to the river rules wich are 2 fish over 15" a piece. So a team could in theory catch 4 walleyes weighing 10 pounds, or better, a piece per day. Couldnt ya see a 2 day tourney winning weight of 80 pounds!! crazy.gif

1st one to the shiznit plant wins. wink.gif

See everyone at the rules meeting.

I hope to be there! We'll see if my partner wants to team up again. Either way, i'll be in!

The way fishing was last year....a day result of that isn't so ungodly out of the question! I hated releasing those pigs while searching for our walleye under 19".... Ahh...the days. The cold...the wind....the prizes! I got biggest fish again for atleast one of the days! I will do my best to not catch it while snoozing this time! Gotta thank Ripstick for us catching that one!

• 2 weeks later...

2008, Grand Slam Walleye Tournament Dates will be may 17th and 18th. I have my web guy working on it so it should not be long to get the info up on the site. There are a lot of good rods out there and luck as well. Well we will see you all then ;).

Good fishing to you all and may the big one not get away this year until you release it back :).

Well till then I now you all can not wait but there is a lot of ICE to fish so be safe.