• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

tackle?

mjn121073

I'm planning my first trip to red lake next weekend and was curious if anyone can give me some tips on tackle? What seems to work the best?

When the bite is on the crappies will bite on most anything. If you are stationary always have a fathead or crappie minnow on a plain hook, whether it is colored or glow, on one line and a jigging spoon with a minnow head or panfish jig with a euorlarva or waxy on the other. I have caught them on all of these. Last Sunday to Monday, I caught 4 and one was on a small, green glow demon with a minnow head and the rest were on a green glow hook and live minnow. When its fast and furious, I like to use the grubs since you can catch multiple fish before rebaiting.