• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Ebiz

San Diego Fishing Questions

Ebiz

I'm going to be in San Diego in two weeks and am hoping to get some fishing in, even if it means just from shore. Have a few questions if any of you have been there done that before.

I've heard that you can fish on any city pier without needing to purchase a license, does anyone know if this is correct?

If I bring one of my medium action spinning rigs is there anything special I need to worry about when fishing in salt water?

What kinds of lures/bait would be good to have?

How in the world do you know what's edible or even in season?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

DARK30

I'll be down in Laguna Beach later this month. I surfed around to find fishing info and found plenty on the net...just search for southern california fishing or something like that.

RobertELee

I know that other states allow you to fish on a gov. owned pier w/o a license, don't know about cali tho.

Second I would talk to a bait shop in the area about the regs and seasons.

And regarding the rod and reel, just rinse off with fresh water at the end of the day and they will be fine.

sparcebag

No lisence needed! could you drive a few miles north to Carlabad? Fish the warm water jetty from the power plant its great shore fishin there use a cat fish rig,in Oceanside in the harbor you can buy bait, Blood worms work Ghost shrimp work! If you get to Oceanside just board a 1/2 day boat fairly cheep they supply everything you just have to show up.