• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just finished with the last details and finalized my new job in Grand Rapids and will be starting the 26th. Looking forward to being full time at our place up there instead of just weekends. Also am glad to being a full time local again.

welcome back the the great white north At least for a few more days

Hey, Dinnerpail nice to be back is'nt it. Do you mean the lake dinner pail on 169. Just wondering as I live right across from it.

Yes thats my place on the north end. My son has been there for the past year and a half attending ICC. he's headed to Duluth this fall. Stop by some time.

We met at Quadna I thought maybe it was you. I'm your nephew Rick's friend. We'll stop in some time.

• 3 weeks later...

I am envios, I still am trying to find the job that will get me out of big lake and up there. anyone looking for a good machinist? grin.gif

Hey knoppers,

My husband just quit his machinist job in Rapids and we moved to WI. We have a house for sale in Rapids. You could buy that and the place he used to work is hiring machinists so you would be all set.

fishtrapgirl

fishtrapgirl

why did he quit? not a good place to work, or did he find a better job in wisconsin.

thanks for the info, and will check into the jobs in the area.

knoppers,

It was a pretty decent place to work but I am originally from WI and we both got much better jobs here. I'm just happy my husband likes it here because I was pretty homesick while living in Grand Rapids. It can be a tough area to find decent paying jobs up there but the fishing is great. Thats about the only thing I will miss about it. Good luck!

fishtrapgirl

p.s. did you used to live in the area? If so, whats your name? I wish private messaging worked!!!!!!

fishtrapgirl,

keep me posted on how your turkey season is working out. I'm headed down to the Baldwin area May 9-13 with hopes of arrowing a gobbler.

Brian