• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I fished willow from 2-4 PM. I dropped one hole then took my shovel and started to shovel snow around where I would be sitting to block the wind then all of a sudden my leg went through up to my waist. Wo, that was cold!Water went into my boots but I had hand warmers and a huge scarf of fleece to wrap my foot in the dry foot was warmer than the other one by the time I wanted to leave. Ha, ha. I wasn't walking all the way back after getting wet then after how far I had walked to carry everyting yet through the snow. I had fun though I caught 30 or so fish. I used purple small spoon tipped with a waxie. Blue works good to. All was catch and release. Caught gills.

Willow can be a blast. It really has not seen much pressure yet this ice season compared to last year. Nice report. I've done the wet foot trick before. It's no fun, but I didn't let is spoil my day either.

I took my two boys out to Willow on Sat as well. We squished our way out to the middle of the pond where we had caught fish a couple years back. Was surprised to only find 5 ft of water in that location. Moved closer to the dam and got into 10 ft of water. I managed to find an open hole as well but only got the toe part of the boot in so I avoided the wet foot bit. I dropped a wax worm down that hole and caught a sunny before I could even get the bobber set. Ended up with about a dozen in an hour or so. All small and all released. The oldest boy found some deep slush right close to the dock that went over the top of his boot so we did end up with one wet foot.

I don't suppose the colder weather will make any difference to the slush factor? Looked like the water level in new holes was at least an inch over the ice so the slush will be with us until we get some snow melting, I figure.

I was wondering if the my auger blades are dull or does the ice cut harder when it is this wet? I was struggling to get three holes down with a 4in auger.