• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This coming weekend

Any of yous fellas heading out this weekend? I was thinking of trying either louisa for perch, or bloody or Shetek for Crappies.

I have no idea how much snow is out there. I'll assume it's quite a bit but not impossible to get on the lake.

If I can't get onto Bloody there's always Fox and Shetek a stones throw from Bloody.

I was in the local watering hole last evening and a fella told me the landing on Bloody is pretty buried and slushy. He said he could get out with his 4 wheeler but don't try driving a pickup.

Works for me. I have some stuff to do in the morning on Saturday then I think I'll be going after some crappies on Bloody.

I am going to try Spirit or Okaboji this week sometime. Cool, the SW Forum has a moderator. Way to go Boilerguy.

Fished Bloody this morning. Was set up and fishing by 6am. caught 3 crappies between the 3 of us from 6:30 - 7am. Caught a small walleye at 9:30am. Drilled 2,456 holes no takers, went home at 9:45.

Long walk with the access road not being plowed.

I never made it out due to family commitments. However, I'm thinking Sunday I'll go try my hand at some late ice perch on Louisa. Cmon out.

Appreciate the update on Bloody. I would have gone out there if I didn't read your post.

Well, just thought i would let you all know that Bingham Lake is producing jumbo perch. Did really well today and have been for the last 3-4 weeks. Also caught 5 nice walleyes (15-17 inches). Very depressing letting them go. Lost a 13-14 inch crappie just under the ice. A camera will outfish anybody. They sometimes dont even move the bobber, and othertimes they nail it. One time today we had walleyes, crappies, and perch under us at one time and lots of them. Best luck was early morning but we got them all day until we left at 1:30. Even had perch about 1 foot from the bottom of the ice to the bottom (10 ft). The access is very sloppy, but once you get out there, its not bad. Ice is around 2 ft. I'll be there by 7am. Nobody knows about this accept for about 6 of us until now.

Are you driving out with trucks or 4-wheelers? What's your bait choice? Thanks for your report I may try it this week.

Hey boiler guy, do you know if anyone caught any decent crappies on Fox Lake by Bloody this winter?

I was on fox a couple of times and only got perch and a couple snot rockets but no crappies. I did do well for crappies on Blody.

Well, we've got a nice report on Bingham. I work right by the lake but never fished it. Maybe during the week after work I can check it out.

Was there this morning, same holes and everything, and what a differance a day makes. Could only see approx 1 1/2 ft! Not sure if it was the wind that stirred everything up or what. Moved south and it was crystal clear, but only got one small one.

may have been the wind. I spent the day on Louisa. Couldn't even see the bottom of the ice the water was so stirred up.

No fish. Not even a small nibble. Got the old skunk-er-oo.

Hunter76, I just noticed you're fairly new to the site. Welcome to FM!!! Lots of good info to be found here.

actually i have been on here before and am always checking the site out. just changed my name thats all.

Got into some nice bluegills and crappies on Millers Bay on West Okaboji. They were tight lipped until about an hour before sunset and then they really started biting. Seemed that if you had the shack flipped over they would not bite, but if you were fishing outside they bit. They must be leary of the shadow or reflection of the house. Good time and nice weather

Has anyone been on LQP to see how its held up or if there's been any bite? I'm going to be visiting relatives in Montevideo a week from wednesday, (the 21st) and I was going to get out and chase some Crappies if there was good enough ice and a decent bite...

Thank you for saving me a trip Boiler!!! I was going to head that way today. But read your post then saw all the flooded creeks and decided my swim trunks were still a couple months from their debut.

CC

Tried Bingham this afternoon till sunset, not a nibble frown.gif fished west of the boat landing, used some old holes and drilled some new, water was very clear. Guessing thats not the spot to be!! Didn't bring the 4-wheeler, will have to if I go again, the tracks their went west and south

Quote:

may have been the wind. I spent the day on Louisa. Couldn't even see the bottom of the ice the water was so stirred up.

No fish. Not even a small nibble. Got the old skunk-er-oo.

Should have been there Friday and Sat. Was out with some friends on Sat and we did well. They did even better on Friday. Weird pulling perch that big out of 4 ft of water.

after i left on the 11th. there was a guy who fished in my holes from before and got 2 15 inchers.

I agree, hopefully that little gem of a lake didn't get over harvested, and hopefully those little guys get good growth so it continues. But from what I gathered the old timers who are immediate locals said that lake hasn't ever seen that kind of people. Lots of big boys left in buckets. Cross your fingers.

CC

I'm thinkin that lake will be just fine. Lots of perch, lack of bait fish and snot rockets. It had to happen eventually.

I'm glad they were caught and not washed up dead on the shore in the spring.

All I can say is I caught twice as many 4 to 6" perch as I did jumbos. So the lake should be fine. We did not take a limit home although we could have. Plenty of the larger ones went back.

Yep Boilerguy, I agree with you on the washed up thing. And Mark, great to hear you put some big dogs back, I did too, was too fun catching all those. Hopefully next year is as fun.

CC

anyone fished long lake lately? i had some pretty good luck there in late january early february. they werent as big as louisa but still some very nice perch.

I've never fished long lake.

Is anyone going to try and hit a lake this weekend? I have stuff to do on Saturday. Sunday I'd like to go hit a lake somewere, it pretty much depends on what the ice is like.

I am going to try and get to Miller's Bay on Okaboji again. Did real well last Tuesday. Nice crappies and Sunnies and a few perch. red ratso on 2lb test is the ticket.