• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

McHale is best GM in sports ??????

mnwild

Did anyone see this article in the sport section this morning?? How in the (you know what) can this guy be named the top GM in sports?? The guy is aweful with the decision's he has made, heck look what he has done to the Wolves. They had Terry Ryan ranked like #53, he should be #1 while McHale is at the bottom of the list

Told you....now maybe you guys will give McHale the credit he deserves....

Wow, what a joke and Terry Ryan is 52nd or something like that.....who has been huffing the paint? mad.gif

Quote:

Credit for what??? He hasnt done S^*t, but waste KG talent!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Credit for what??? He hasnt done S^*t, but waste KG talent!!!

He drafted Garnett out of Highschool....nuff said!!!

Ok that one good thing but that was 12 years ago so what has he done sense then... NOTHING!!!!

Quote:

Ok that one good thing but that was 12 years ago so what has he done sense then... NOTHING!!!!

He did just win the Best GM in Sports award didn't he?

I'll throw together some of his other accomplishments and then you guys will get it. wink.gifgrin.gif

Yea what a joke that is!!! Some nerd that has no ideal must have did that poll.

Quote:

I'll throw together some of his other accomplishments and then you guys will get it.
wink.gifgrin.gif

HERE I CAME UP WITH A FEW

1.JOE SMITH(HOW MANY FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS DID WE LOSE ON THAT ONE?)

2.PASSING ON EVERY GOOD OPERTUNITY TO GIVE KG SOME TALENT TO PLAY WITH(DONT EVEN SAY SO WHAT SAMMY OR MY KIDS NEED TO EAT SPREEWELL)

3.FIRING FLIP

4.NEED MORE?

It was a hugely flawed ranking system. First, it is based on your predecessor. McHale took over an expansion franchise, so of course his tenure will have a higher winning percentage than the previous. Secondly, it is based on wins per dollar. The team was only paying the luxury tax the two years we had Cassell and Sprewell. Every other year the had a pretty average payroll. McHale can give all his wins to Garnett and Flip. And since they had all those first round playoff exits they are scored high for even getting there and winning enough games in the regular season to do so on a modest payroll.

Hugely flawed system that doesn't penalize for his cheating with Joe Smith (and subsequent loss of draft picks for like, 50 years), free agent and trade decisions, and horrible draft history. Who do you turn to for basketball advice or rankings, Forbes or ESPN?

Pretty sure it was Glen Taylor who signed the Napkin in the Joe Smith debacle........how Mchale got us through that and a stones throw from the NBA TITLE I'll never know..... grin.gif

I know how the Detroit Loins fans feel. Mchale is the Matt Millen of the NBA.

Dont get me wrong Mchale as a player was great and he also has a great mind for the game. GM material he is not. Started strong with Garnett and Flip, but after that Garnett and Flip are the ones that produced the playoff and Mchale only made mistakes after that.

He traded Ray Allen and a 1st rounder for Stephon Marbury and passed on Richard Hamilton and Shawn Marion for Wally Serbeaik(spelling)

What really gets me is that he is listed 52 spots higher than one of the best GM's of all time Terry Ryan.

Just my opinion.

McHale is a terrible GM... its as simple as that. When you have a player like KG on the team, he's gonna keep you in contention but your never gonna get over that hump to a championship. The worst thing he did was not get players to support the big ticket. Mchale and a bullhead are very similar, NOBODY LIKES THEM!

PierBridge- You have got to be kidding me. I am huge McHale fan viewing him as a player and person, but as a GM he needs to go!! That list you were talking about..... Joe Smith( I know you blame Taylor, but a GM is responsible for all personel decisions), Sam Cassell for Marko "Worthless", firing Flip Saunders, Endi Ibi(don't know how to spell his name because I have only seen it in the paper once)....his problem is he always "thinks" we are one deal away from a title, when in reality everytime he makes a deal, we are one trade farther away from the title. Oh, I almost forgot Garnett, okay he made one great move.... would you still have your job if you made one great decision in 10 years????

lol... and thats why the T-Wolves havent dont anything in the past 10 years!!! First round lost after first round lost!!!! Flat out they suck period!!!

This is insane! What about Troy Hudson he was the next T Mac until he got hurt I suppose thats McHales fault also?

I suppose you guy's would like Larry Brown or Jerry West well I'll tell you they ain't walking through Target Center anytime soon.

McHale it is!!!! he'll probably repeat next year then we will know for sure.

Troy Hudson the next T Mac? They are different position players, heights, athleticisms, etc. No way. But Pier, I'll give you this: After the wolves went to the Western Conference Finals and they knew Cassell was banged up (and Troy was supposed to be healthy for the full year), we needed a back up point and there wasn't much on the market. I'll admit I would have resigned him too. Same with all the players he resigned that summer. But eventually we found out it didn't work. If my decisions weren't working out for my employer, I think they would have gone in a new direction by now. It's been ten years. There are plenty of other people who would take a GM role.

Back to the Forbes thing-Billy King was ranked the third best GM. Ha ha ha. There's a guy who ruined a franchise, and he actually got his team to the finals one year.

Quote:

Troy Hudson the next T Mac?

I will admit the Rap Album T Hud sprung on us in mid season may have hurt his development and the teams.... grin.gif

Pierbridge,

Is Mchale your neighbor, friend, or a family member of some sort? I dont understand how your sopport of him can be so great when the only real thing he did was draft Garnett. Troy Hudson the next T-Mac come on. He is average at best.

Kevin Mchale needs to step down and bring on Fred.

wink.gif

My sources tell me they expect McHale to win this award for years to come..... pretty much everybody is playing for 2nd... grin.gif

PierBridge, I will give you this--You are definitely strong to your convictions, but I have to wonder what planet you live on. The only thing I can come up with is that you are a fan of another Western Conference team and enjoy watching us TWolves fans suffer!! smirk.gif

I'm not sure what all you guys are smoking.... grin.gif maybe you guys are hanging out with JR Rider or something.

Put the pipe down the FACTS speak for themselves. wink.gif

I hope I have cleared this up for you guys. smirk.gif

As much as I just want to ignore you, I can't. What are those facts????