• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Prior Lake last night

went out last night from 6:30 to 9:30 (had to get off the lake before sportsman access closed ya know) parked my truck 75 yards onto the lake and walked out to where I thought I was gonna be in 20+ feet of water SE of where I parked. Drilled the holes, set up the tent, got the heater going, turned on the Marcum LX-5, 10 feet of water. "WHAT? You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!" and other such things were said outloud. Then I looked at the screen again, lot of fish down there. I proceeded to catch 50+ sunnies and crappies(about 50/50 split) in 10 FOW. most were small, caught some 9"+ gills and a 3 10"+ crappies. Here is one of the crappies I caught, yeah, the pictures stinks but I only had the camera phone, notice where my headlight is pointed, I will do better next time.

[image]030407_20101-1.jpg[/image]

I stopped fishing because I ran out of waxies at 9. I couldn't get them to hit minnows or maggots, they only wanted waxies. I have never run out of bait.....

Lot of snow pressure out there, the water came up about 2 inches when I drilled the hole. I want to thank all the snowmobilers out there for making semi packed down trails out there for me to pull the ice house out with.