• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if I have a shot at getting out on sunday evening. Anyone know if there are some plowed roads going out either from the public access or CJ's. thanks

guess i have to respond to my own question...All I've found out is that there is a road plowed out from CJ's for the bike racing. anybody have any more info? like how far it went past or if the snowmobiles have flattened things down enough for a wheeler. How about any other north metro lakes?

Come on folks I need my ice fishing fix.

crw

sorry crew, haven't been out. Don't have any info for the area. I would get out the phone book and start callin bait shops in the area.

been there and done that. not much info coming out. might be an exercise in futility, but i have a pass from the mrs. so i'm outta here. If all else fails vados says there is a road on chisago. but still gotta give it a whirl on rush tonight

I was on E. Rush yesterday, got stuck at the boat launch(Stupid move) underestamated the snow depth. You can drive out from the resort for 3$, but you really can't get off of the road at all. Bite was very slow compred to pre snowfall. Not much packed down and alot of water under snow-pretty terrible conditiopins right now.

waited until the bike races wrapped up and followed the only road avail. did manage to catch some fish in an area i haven't fished before (kinda weird being the only 2 souls on the ice after 8pm). TRZ is right; the conditions are pretty harsh right now. Well gotta work for a stretch anyway. Hopefully catch some action in a week or 2. Thanks to whoever plowed the only road

No plow at the landing on west as of sunday it looks like someone might have went in very messed up looking

does anybody know if cj's has roads plowed now. want to get out there friday but dont feel like diging out the truck all day just trying to get out

This is two days old, from Rush Point Store:

3-7-07 Ok, questions about roads on the lake...West Access apparently has a track that big trucks can take, but is basically pretty screwed up...another from CJs, also not so good...FlickaBirds has a narrow road out, but hard to turn around and get back in, snowbanks to high and close, so if too many vehicles come out, can't get turned around...That's what we are hearing, have not been out..too busy....

I DID MAKE IT OUT LAST NIGHT. FISHED FROM 4-8 WAS PRETTY SLOW FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR. THERE IS 1 ROAD OUT OF CJ'S THAT JUST HAPPEN TO GO WHERE I WANTED TO FISH BUT ALOT OF WATER ON THE ROAD. WE CAUGHT 15 PERCH 25 CRAPPIES ONLY 8 KEEPERS

Heading out there on Tues. morning. Just how deep is the water on the roads. Would like to be on east but if its hairy I'll go to west. So any update would be great.

some spots 5-6 inches but that was friday and other spots none but im sure now wet everywhere

Hey walleyecheeks,

Did you make it out to Rush today? How were the roads? I was thinking about heading out there tomorrow depending on the conditions, so I would appreciate an update. thanks

wonderin whats conditons look like up there now? wld like to make it out tmw want to try different lakes.. i m sure walk out is safer than driving right??

thanks

ole matty

I was out on East Rush on Tuesday, and it was pretty sloppy. Talked to a guy at a resort and he said there were some big cracks along the main road, and he told us to make our own path. I talked to a couple of friends who were out on Rush yesterday (Thursday), and they said that the slush had firmed up and they were still driving out. That's the most recent information I have. Good Luck, and stay safe.

I fished East Rush on Saturday. Some trucks were driving out from the Bar, but we took a wheeler and a trailer. The shore ice at the public landing is good for ATVs, but a little shaky for trucks.

Good Luck

I drove a car out last saterday without a problem. Not sure I would do it again as the access by the shore is rough. Ice is still about 24" on the lake.

I was out this afternoon fishing with a few buddies by crane Island. Caught a few perch, sunnies, and crappies. Fishing was pretty dang slow. Ice was still at 22 inches but starting to get soft and honeycombed. Still plenty of ice for atv's. The shore line by the public access is starting to open up a bit but can still easily jump up on the ice with the atv's. This is definitely going to be the last weekend driving atv's.