• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bassNspear

Clearwater

bassNspear

Why is clearwater such a great lake for bass. I have seen that there is alot of tournments that are on that lake. I undestand from looking at some stats, that the lake carries some monster bass. Any informations would be great.

federline

I've only been seriously fishing bass on CW for two years, so someone else is going to have to chime in.... but to my eyes, I think it comes down to two things on this lake: lots of awesome spawning habitat, and great areas to ambush (plentiful) prey and hide in. The clear, fresh water in the lake flowing through from the Clearwater river system surely has something to do with the health of this lake.

The structure in this lake is simply amazing (be careful in a speeding boat!), especially the emergent vegetation. The breaks off some of these weed mounds go from emergent to 20 feet in a boat length, with erosion caves right under the emergents. The lake lends itself to all bass fishing techniques, and you will need them all to catch big LM consistently out there. Texas, wacky, cranks, drop shot, Carolina, frog pitchin, topwater, even trolling leeches - why you lookin at me so funny? smile.gif I even caught LMB out there this winter through the ice.

doods

Does anyone know if they are plowing on Clearwater we would love to go but even with a 4 wheel drive Im afraid of getting stuck. Thanks in advance. cool.gif

federline

Call BJ's Bait to be sure, but they were maintaining two roads from their access on the west side earlier this year. Its a pay access, $3 if I remember correctly.

Shack

As long as ice is good, B.J.'s will plow roads. It does cost money. I thought it was around $5, but I cold be wrong.

Shack

The reason I believe Clearwater is such a good bass lake, is because of its size. Alot of lakes around Clearwater have large bass in them, but not as many. Also you get 60 to 100 boats out on lake Ann, It would be a mess. Clearwater

due to its size hosts almost all types of minnesota fish. Its a great lake. I think it is the largest lake west of minnatonka, wich is another good bass lake.

cementhead21

BJ's has a road out a short distance out front of his place,Cost is $3 to use his access.. there is a fair amount of slush popping up in some areas and 2 places that i have seen open water,,,,, CW is a good lake because of all its structure... All those Bass tourneys in my opinion are a pain in the butt,, most of those in tourneys have little or no respect for anyone or anything else thats on the water.. I have personally seen them run over loons racing from one spot to the next more than once.. and god forbid if you are fishing near one of the narrow areas of the lake or a area they want to fish

Central Bassman

Ok i havent had the best of luck on clearwater for bass so the more infor i get the better... Do you guys think clearwater is the lake to be fishing for bass or the other ones that are connected to it??? Email me if you would like... i need all the help i can get on that lake... Thanks

united jigsticker

Fishing "for" Bass, and Bass fishing are two different things.

If you want to simply catch alot of Bass on Clearwater, put on a 1/16 oz jig with a minnow under a bobber, and fish in 3-10 FOW in the "Crappie Weeds".

I would say that 60+ fish a day would not be uncommon, plus you'll bring in quite a few bonus Crappies that best a pound on the scale.

Great Bucket Mouth lake.

bassNspear

I understand that this lake is a great fishery for bass. Where do most people fish on this lake. Email me is you would like. I am just looking for some information that will help myself out of the years of fishing on this lake. Thanks again.