• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
StrosLit31

Bad Gas???

StrosLit31

i have a yellow lab that is about 4-years old and she loves rawhide bones but any time she eats them, she gets extremly bad gas. Does any one else have this issue?

Is there a different type of rawhide or bone that i could get some where confused.gif

GotOne

If she is also chasing the rawhide with a Strohs Light to quench her thirst, that is most likely the problem... Funny she doesn't get the runs too cool.gif. Seriously, mine get the "stinky's" too after eating them.

DOC33

I have a 10 yr old Lab with the same issue. Some days worse than others, much worse. The good thing is, it's good cover for me......must have been the dog.

Before I read your post, I thought maybe the dog had gotten into your Strohslight!?

StrosLit31

no Strohslight for the Dog, thats mine. She doesnt get the runs after eating them, just really bad gas, enough to clear a room, and it's a distinct smell not like me after a few Strohs, so i cant even blame it on the dog...

Mudcat21

Sorry about your troubles fella's....Try a better brand of beer, that should at least help a little. wink.gif

fivebucks

I haven't had any "Good Gas" come out of my yellow lab, its all bad gas, paint peeling type stuff. I blame it on wife but then I get punched.

GotOne

The "runs" would be from sneaking your Strohs Light:) My girl is yellow...maybe it's a yellow thing. Now if it was a LaBatt Blue, it would smell like roses.

Ufatz

Wheeee...eeeuuu!! Man, would you guys move down wind please. My hair has turned white and my nostrils are burned raw. smile.gif

wingnutken

Stop giving your dog rawhide and switch to a Nyla Bone. My labs love them, they don't get slimy and smelly and they last a long time. The only draw back to them is the small chunks you find in the carpet with your bare feet. shocked.gif Now all you have to do is keep your dog from stealing your burritos when you turn your back grin.gif

Harmonica Bear

Buritos.....or the the pizza... What is with dogs and pizza?

united jigsticker

Aren't you the guy that was at Pike's Point on the FM launch get-together one fall with D-Man, GRABS, PCG, Dave, Dan, and a few other old Fishing Minnesota hats playing the harmonica at the campfire at 3am?

lawdog

I bet your dog wonders about the smells coming out of you in the blind some days too!!!

huntmup

Try Pet essentials NATURAL CURLS 4" rawhide. Target, Fleet Farm, Sams club.

CAJ

I have stopped giving my 2 dogs Rawhide. I get the pigs Ears or strips, and they don't seem to have the problem with them. Try a bag to see if that helps. CAJ

CAJ

Huntumup You wouldn't happen to have a farm 10 miles south of Westby Montana, would you.? If so you have a lot of birds left there. I have been helping the birds with a little feed out at my place a couple miles just to the south. CAJ

Harmonica Bear

united jigsticker, yes that was me. That was quite a night.

HB