• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stupid lake, stupid angler

Random guy

So I go out in search of some more of the nice perch I have been getting. I have thousands in GPS equipment, the best rods I can get my hands on, all sorts of perch lures, perch plastics and even the Marcum Camera to watch the perch. I enter in the super secret waypoint called "perch town" and off I go...then I get stuck. I have electronics, rods, reels, underwater cameras, even the digital camera to take some pictures of the perch in "perchtown" but do you think I would have a shovel?

So I am stuck and awaiting to be rescued from middle of nowhere, might as well drill a hole and fish while I wait. Wouldn't you know it I land on the crappie mother load? confused.gif I have fish on the ice, fish in the bucket, I'm trying to keep fish from flopping back into the hole while I am catching another...but I still have no shovel and I am still stranded.

Finaly my rescue squad arrives, backs up to my truck and gets stuck...would you think he had a shovel? So now I am three hours into my perch fishing trip and I have a limit of crappies (not the targeted perch)flopping in a bag while I am taking turns digging out a truck with a ice skimmer and the top of a Weber grill. crazy.gif

I think I might have to stick with crappies and pike, this perch fishing is brutal. laugh.gif

sounds like a good day of fishing to me. fish in the bucket-thats all that matters grin.gif

Sounds like Lloyd and Harry where up to their usual selves smile.gif

Hey Jonny, next time I come up can we go lookin for perch? That way I can catch some crappies. Keep lookin' grin.gif

That's the way we do it! Drive till you get stuck and start fishing. But we carry a shovel smile.gif

Heck, it don't even count as a fishin trip until you've gotten stuck at least once

I've seen the ice skimmer used, but the lid of a weber grill?

You don't have a shovel, but you're prepared incase a picnic breaks out in the middle of Crappietown, USA.

Why didn't you use the frozen hotdogs for traction?

Quote:

You don't have a shovel, but you're prepared incase a picnic breaks out in the middle of Crappietown, USA.

Why didn't you use the frozen hotdogs for traction?

grin.gifgrin.gif Good stuff there

The bad ice is where most of the crappies are coming from.

By bad, we usually think of rough but I think if you get stuck that qualifies as 'bad' ice

On the bright side it sounds like you didn't lose anything down the hole.... did you???

Maybe I should build you a custom shovel for that perch fishing jonny.......... grin.gif Troy Pike