• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Short move, long trip

kelly-p

This one is too funny not to pass on.

Earlier this winter Buddy met some people he knew pulling their wheel house towards shore. A few hours later he saw them setting up their house out from Rocky Point so he drove over to see how things were going. They looked at him with a surprised look and asked what he was doing there? Buddy asked them what they ment? Well, why are you on this side of the lake they replied. Now Buddy is getting confused and replied just checking the road. The people got a funny look on their face and then looked at each other and said, "O NO".

It seems that they were fishing out from Hillman's when another friend called and said he had really hit a good crappie bite 8 miles out from Roger's. He offered to lead them back to the spot so they packed up and drove to shore. Followed the highway to Roger's where they met their friend who led them to his hot spot. That's when Buddy pulled up, while they were setting up their house about 150 yards from where they had just left that morning. grin.gif

Quote:

Were these "some people" named Jon and Kelly by chance?
grin.gif

This is coming from a guy that has seen all of Upper Red lake looking for his house. grin.gif

Is still can't figure out how you managed to drive around all night and not get stuck in a ridge or crack. confused.gif

LOL! Ill never hear the end of that one. grin.gif

I was extremely careful and kept my eyes very wide open that night. The cracks and ridges freak me out so my max speed was about 5 mph. I realized how lucky I was once we got in the shack that night.

Quote:

I was extremely careful and kept my eyes very wide open that night. The cracks and ridges freak me out so my max speed was about 5 mph.

Sometimes that doesnt help confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

To the tune of $5300 I might add.

Quote:

No Kidding... I didn't think it looked that bad. Ouch!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Quote:

Sometimes that doesnt help
confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Ouch!!!! shocked.gif

For once, I had a little luck on my side. Now if that luck would only show up when fishing. grin.gif Did you hit one HuntingIsLife?

Yeah, he dropped his front end in. Ripped the bumper and valance up pretty good. And from what I could tell, the bumper pushed the front quarter panel sheet metal up a little too.

Beware the triangle. blush.gif

Sorry to hear about your luck! That had to be spooky. Did you have Nikki with you? I am planning on heading up on the 9th - 11th. Will you be up?

Yeah, it didnt look too bad. But it just kind of moved everything on the front end back about a quarter inch. So almost everything needed to be fixed. I might just keep the cash and live with it. The money would sure help with a house down payment next year.

Scott,

It was just kind of surprising. It was 9:30 at night and the snow was blowing pretty bad. The crack was covered with snow and we couldn't see it. Nikki was freaking out pretty bad. But we got out after 2 pulls from Jon. We will be up that weekend too. Probably saturday til thursday. We will have to meet up then.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

WOW Matt!

It just didn't look like that much damage from a distance. Wanda and I will be up the weekend too. We'll get up there Thursday night and fish Friday-Sunday. Looked like Wanda and Nikki hit it off pretty good. We'll likely start in the same general area we fished last weekend unless it proves to be unproductive for us.

We will likely stop in at Tall Tails for a bump or two afterwards.

Wow Matt I wouldn't have guess it would have been that much either. Now you need to just pull the bumper off get a ranch hand bumper replacement with a grill guard any you will ready to run anything over grin.gif.