• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye Opener

Fish Head

Quote:

72 days 12 hours 30 minutes..........but who's counting.

I can't wait! Everytime Walleye Closes I feel dead inside until Ice Out.

I always take March off from fishing just to build up a good fervor in my soul for open water.

To Make matters worse my schedule made it impossible to get out onto the ice in the last 5 weeks... So I'm already frothing at the mouth...

Just 37 days till ice out on the lake near my house!

Less than that if you count the Rainy River in March and April. Is the Rainy the opener or closer?

I'm just waiting for open water. Had enough of winter and want to get out and fish in shorts & t-shirt. smirk.gif A light hooded sweater would be okay too though. wink.gif

Quote:

I'm just waiting for open water. Had enough of winter and want to get out and fish in shorts & t-shirt.
smirk.gif
A light hooded sweater would be okay too though.
wink.gif

Nothing short of pitching Musky Lures in heat so opressive that I'm forced to wear a speedo, cowboy hat and hiking boots will satisfy me!

wink.gif

laugh.gif

Speedo? Thats a little too much information.

Quote:

Nothing short of pitching Musky Lures in heat so opressive that I'm forced to wear a speedo, cowboy hat and hiking boots will satisfy me!

I actually prefer a good pair o' T-backs tongue.gif

Quote:

72 days 12 hours 30 minutes..........but who's counting.

If you want to subside this withdrawl feeling, hit up pool 2 on the Mississippi, I am going today actually. Walleyes are open year 'round (can't keep 'em obviously) and they are huge pigs there.

Same MO as last year but can't wait as usual! I always go out saturday late afternoon... same ol lake, same ol lures, same ol buddies, same ol beverages, same ol northerns till dark, then same ol walleyes after dark...sure don't need anything new grin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I actually prefer a good pair o' T-backs tongue.gif

Please...NO PICTURES... shocked.gif