• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What would you like to see the Vikings do?

slotlimit

I would like to see the Vikings go after N. Clements. Then I would like to see them trade up to number 3 with the Browns and draft C. Johnson. According to the experts the Browns will go after Peterson a RB. I don't see anyong taking him between us and and the Browns. Because we obviously need a WR and after Johnson the level of WR drops by leaps and bounds. The experts have us drafting T. Ginn Jr. who is smaller 5'11" and slower. Nice hands though. Maybe he could beat some sence into Williamson.

I don't think the Browns are going to take their chances on trading down to aquire Peterson. The risk of losing him thru another trade would be way too much. I really hope the Vikes trade down for extra picks---this will give them lot's of flexability throughout the rest of the draft.

Have Childress change his mind and let someone else call plays. I think he has to much on his plate. Let him be the head coach and let some one else call plays with the intention of scoring some points. Not just three and out.. There is more but this is just March.

Maybe we could turn it into some 9 fold oragami game...Oh by fold you mean quit, sell, discontinue...Whoops-uh-daisy

When they choked on their 4th Super Bowl I took down my posters, autographs, player cards, and jersey and tossed them in the trash. I said back then that I wouldn't follow the Vikings until they win the Super Bowl. Well, I'm still waiting !!! So, I don't really care what they do, and I won't support any politician that votes to give those clowns tax money for a new statium. Let me know when they've actually acomplished anything.

Wow. I guess unless you're a fan of the Patriots, Cowboys, or Steelers, you would be a very disapointed person.

I bet you cheered in 1998, if not only once...maybe 2 times?

What did they do in 1998? I was overseas. Did they win the Super Bowl? If not, then they haven't accomplished anything.

Harsh crowd. Besides the Twins, who has ever won a title in MN?

Vikes have a couple of glaring needs in mind, mainly DE and WR. As poor as the DB's looked last year, most if it seemed to stem from an absolute lack of pass rush when we rushed 4.

And we need a possession type WR badly. Let's start with that and then expand down the field with deep plays. Maybe try throwing to TE over the middle and RB in the flat once in a while. Childress should give the play calling to the Off Coordinator; that's what he's there for.

For some reason I think Mr Jackson will work out fine at QB this year. But we need a good veteran to back him up or compete for starting. So far I like Carr or even Trent Green that someone mentioned. Garcia would have been fantastic, but that ship has sailed.

i cant believe they want public money to help pay for a stadium when the team is of poor quality!

A stadium doesn't win Superbowls either...

If I recall correctly, only one team a year wins the Superbowl too. So I guess that means every other team was just a waste??? They should refund ticket money, and renig bonuses when teams don't win the Superbowl.

I hear the Bandwagon...It has square wheels.

One more thing...If the Vikings make the Superbowl and win, that probably will be the only game you watch that season, since you really don't know when a team will go to the superbowl until they get there...And you won't watch UNTIL they win won....so.....I guess that season and team will be a waste too, since YOU didn't watch.

Uff Da'.

United jigsticker I hear ya loud and clear. I work with a couple of guys who constantly rip on the vikes, but every monday after a game they can tell you who's fault it was if they lost. Thats not a fan of the game. IF you can't be a fan until they win a superbowl then thats what I call a "BANDWAGON FAN". One more thing in 98' they set multiple records on offense and were the team to beat. Its been said only one team can win each year!

While I agree with jigsticker and icehole to an extent, it is hard to sit and watch and listen to Chilli and the boys talk this game about great offense, great scheme etc. etc. and then see them play the way they do. There weren't a whole lot of free agents that would have fit the Vikes as far as $$ and cap etc., but it is a lot easier to convince taxpayers when the team is winning!!! I will always be a fan of the Vikes. That is why I go to church every Sunday, I confess my sins in the morning to make room for all the ones I committ watching the Vikes in the afternoon smile.gif

hey guys...is anyone else disappointed by this year's free agency period for the vikes? we got two no-names that i cannot even begin to pronounce and let some quality players slip to other teams. i would love to see calvin johnson in purple & gold burnin corners deep like the moss of 98. but it will take a lot to get him in the draft and we dont a lot to give. i agree that maybe we should trade down and pick up some quality early to mid-round picks that can contribute...

Let's try to get that ol man Trent Green, heck he's ok. I wanted to see someone come in like Joey Porter,Kerney, or one of the big names. Cato June is still out there, Adalius Thomas would have been nice. What the heck are the Vikes waiting for. The market is dwindling and the guys we did pick up, who the heck are they? I don't see us getting Calvin Johnson the only impact WR that i know of coming out of the draft. WE need to start talking with Stallworth or even a Kevin Curtis, which they already have but we need to start making a move before the good ones are gone. I heard a rumor on the NFL network we were in talks with Cardinals for Larry Fitzgerald. That would be great but I haven't heard anything else from that. But all in all I'm not wasting my valueable time off this fall watching these jug heads when i can be out huntinig or fishing.

jigs i think you missed my point the vikings have wanted a new stadium for quite some time but how can they expect the public to be willing to pay more sales tax to help finance a stadium when they have a team that isnt winning games im a vikings fan through and through but not everyone that would be paying the extra sales tax is remember red mcombs threatened to move the team if they couldnt get a new stadium sure there is not a problem drawing fans to the dome for vikes games but dont ya think if the team was winning more it would be easier for people to swallow stadium funding via a tax. I never once said they should be winning super bowls before they get a stadium to me it does matter so much if they get one or not ill go watch them at the dome or a new stadium or in farmer browns back forty they the vikes and im a vikes fan.

Oh don't get me wrong...I was just stating the point. The Vikings always talk about how they needs a stadium to be competetive...Just like owning a Ranger boat makes me a better fisherman.

Also, for the record, I don't believe that you have to like everyone on the team to be a fan. I don't like Chili, his mind set, or his BS of trying to "keep secrets".

Every week, "we're just a few key things away from clicking on offense".

True Chili. A few key things, like catching the ball, throwing for first downs, and scoring touchdowns.

What a tool.

Let me ask this. Does it really matter if they are winning games? A new stadium has nothing to do with a teams record. Look at all the teams that have new stadiums and haven't even made the playoffs in the last ten years. Is the dome old and wore out? I don't really have the answer, but I had the oppurtunity(sp) a few years ago to go to a game at fed ex stadium in DC and it was sure alot better than sitting under the big white tarp! The real issue imo is team revenue that they are missing out on now. That being said I think the vikes have a long way to go to be considered a superbowl caliber team.

Team revenue?

Tickets here are 8th most in the league.

So we should hike taxes to buy a new stadium so ticket prices can go up more...We have huge salary cap space, so we sign a guy named Wade that most people are asking "WHO???"

Chili...He's...."special".

Maybe I'm wrong on the revenue thing, but is that not been there argument of why they need to get out of the dome? As far as free agency goes I'm not real sure whos worth picking up right now. I think they have already missed the boat!

United I got a feeling most of the guys the vikes sign this offseason, will be those "WHO?" type of guys, because thats how bad the Free Agent pool is this offseason! Especially at WR, in most years teams would be battling over other big name WR's instead of Kevin Curtis! Also as I pointed out in my other post, why did New England trade 2 draft picks from this year for RFA WR Wes Welker of Miami?? Shows ya how talentedless the pool is for the WR corps and when you look at the RFA list its even worse than the UFA! So Wade might be a cheap bargain and risk worth taking When you think about it, the vikes can't get much worse for talent at WR. Maybe if the Lions sign Kevin Curtis and they cut Mike Williams the "should have been" Vikes pick instead of Williamson, we could pick him up too!!! Its kind of funny how these WR who are drafted in the 1st round in previous drafts don't pan out in the NFL and the ones that have something to prove that are drafted in the mid to late rounds make it. I guess you have to have a good coach and team management to get the best out of your players, look at New England, Indy, Carolina, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see them cough up some $ on a QB who can throw the ball, some players who can catch the ball, a coach who can call plays out of something other than "The Complete Idiots Guide to Coaching Pro Football", and last, a defense who can pressure a QB, and I forgot, a defense that can cover a reciever. Is that too much to ask for?

There is a minimum amount of salary cap that has too be hit by every team in the league and the vikings arent close too it. They have too spend some money somewhere along the way and who are they going too sign now? Instead of overpaying on some decent above average players who could have instantly helped this team, now they have too overpay too bring some low level players in who will do nothing too improve this team. Everyone is going too get "overpaid" this offseason so why not do it with players who improve your team. Tell me that a Dante Stallworth wouldnt have helped this team. Overpay him, dont overpay some shmuck who is a 2nd level reciever like you already have.

I would love to see them pull a Baltimore Colts special and leave in the middle of the night with the Timberwolves close behind!!!