• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing is great in March, and all/most of the resorts are open to at least the middle of March, depending on ice conditions

The last several years I have fished Winnie right up and into april depending on shoreline conditions. As far as the perch it can be hit or miss depending on how lucky and mobile you are.There both in shallow and deep water. I have consistently caught bigger perch in deeper water. Although I have heard of big perch being caught in 14-17 of water in late March. With a 4 wheel drive you should be able to drive most anywhere except across the pressure ridges.

Good Luck.

You're in for a real treat with late season perch!! Where else can you go and get a suntan on the ice while sitting out enjoying the catch of a lifetime? Lake Winnie in March is the place!! We'll be open until Monday, March 19th for our winter season, we offer plowed roads and a restaurant and cocktail bar at the lodge. Access fees are $8. Stop by and say hi if you get a chance!! Remember to pack the sunscreen!

I want to apologize to the highbanks resort for not stopping in for dinner and a drink when I was there 2 weeks ago...you guys were too packed for my dad's liking...but next time for sure. The highbanks area was good to us, we caught lot's of nice perch and walleyes!

If we were to pay to use highbanks acess, do the have a fish cleaning hous available?

High Banks has the best fish cleaning house I've ever been in over the past 30 years of cleaning fish. Just ask Rick or Kim about using it when you pay for your road pass.

Yes we do have a heated fish cleaning facility - stop by the lodge and we'll get you all set up. We charge a $4 fee for the use, if you are not a guest staying with us.