• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Team Tournaments

Hey all,

Just looking for a new circut to run as a team event, where you would fish with another guy in your boat as a team, not by myself.

I have a guy that is looking to get into fishing, but want to fish with him in tournaments to get his feet wet.

Websites and Information would be great. Thanks

Go to classic bass website. Just type Classicbass no space into google. The first site on the page is where you want to go. There you can get a list of most tourneys info and dates for the entire season and corresponding web sites. There are a number of team tourneys that would fit the bill. Good Fishing!!

Im Looking for something towards the cities, or something around the metro area towards the west.

There is another, but I don't recall the name that works the same area. The entry fees are considerably higher though.

MEMBERSHIP WITH CLASSIC QUALIFYING FEE - $60.00 PER PERSON

MEMBERSHIP WITH OUT CLASSIC QUALIFYING FEE - $30.00 PER PERSON

MEMBERSHIP IS MANDATORY ONCE PER YEAR PER ANGLER. DOES NOT INCLUDE TOURNAMENT ENTRY FEES. TOURNAMENT ENTRY FEES ARE STILL $70.00 PER TEAM PER TOURNAMENT PLUS OPTIONAL $10.00 BIG BASS PER TEAM

The other one was MN Anglers Choice. smile.gif I have fished the Midwest Sportsman circuit for two years and fished the classic back in 05 on KY lake, which was fun too, and will fish it again this year. This year's schedule has the best lake selection since I've started fishing it.

Denny's Super 30's are all being held on a weekday and all on Minnetonka this year. Denny's also has a Wednesday Night you can fish one or all it is up to you. The nice thing about the Wednesday nighters is that you can fish it alone or with a partner because you can only weigh 5 fish. Extreme Bass also has a Thursday night schedule on Prior have never fished it myself but may this year. There is a really fun tourney I fished the last few years in Canada on Lake of the Woods called bassinforbucks (just put that into google and the site will be the first on the list) the first weekend after Labor Day. It is a 3 day team event with daily payouts and a three day aggregate payout. The field is limited to 120 boats. There are currently only 8 or 9 slots left and it will be a full feild. It is a really good time unfortunately I will have to miss it this year because it conflicts with the B.A.S.S. ESPN series. The other team tourney I like is the Minnetonka Classic it will be on June 2nd this year. Good luck in whatever you decide. Good Fishing!!

Awesome information. Ther eis alot of different routes that a person can do. Anything else out there?

Why is Denny doing all this tournament just on the weekdays and ONLY on Tonka???

Regarding the Super 30's- In his news letter he wrote that it gives you the weekend to pre-fish and less traffic during the tourney. They will all be held on Mondays with the exception of the AIA, it will be on the Tuesday after Memorial day. Good excuse for a 3 day weekend. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Big Bass Bonanza is a good circuit, well run, good sticks if you like a little competition. Their lakes are in central MN. I believe they are fishing Sauk Lake, Minnewaska, Horseshoe Chain, Alex Chain, Rice Lake for the TOC An 8 fish limit. Very good lakes this year, most of the lakes mentioned will take 25+ to win, Sauk could take 30+, Minnewaska, smallies always play a part in the winning bag, Horseshoe, you cna get lost out there if your not careful, but full of piggies, Alex chain the winning weights have been going up in recent years, Rice, very good fall lake. Reasonable entry fees, decent payouts, but some of the best Central MN angling teams, so you have to bring your A game to run with these boys.

I like a little Competition and i always bring my A game... Horseshoe Chain, Dont know much about that lake or river, Any tips??

Horseshoe? Stay home! wink.gif The chain gets pounded, and if you don't get your fish before 9, you are toast! Most come from long points early, otherwise you are slop fishing, and that gets old. smile.gif

gets old? why u say that? Isnt there alot of big fish on the Horse?

From my experience, compared to other lakes in the area, the fish per acre in this chain is quite low. Big fish? You are better off on ANY other lake. The only time big fish come off the chain are in the late fall, and then not that many as compared to other lakes in the same area. Like I said in my previous post, it gets hammered all summer and winter.

There are plenty of big fish in the chain. It's one of my favorite tournament bodies of water. First of all it's huge and people can really spread out. Second, with all the different lakes there are many different ways to catch fish at the same time. It may not be the easiest body of water to learn in a short time, but it will take a 3lb average or better to win on most days. You might even catch a big smallie and a catfish as a bonus! The recreational boating crowd is getting bigger every year. Lots of boat traffic to deal with on a hot summer weekend.

So Superduty, so what lake do u like on the chain or do u fish the river part??? I dont know much so the more infor the better!!! and seens u love it, help a brother out!!!

I would recommend starting in the clear water lakes if you like to fish the slop. I don't want to give away all my secrets! wink.gifYou will probably find me entering any of the tourneys mentioned above that visit the chain. The smallies are usually caught in horseshoe and cedar island. I once caught 6 smallies on 6 casts off of one dock in horsehoe about 3 or 4 years ago. Havn't caught one there since! Like any moving water system, the fish on the chain can be here one day and gone the next. Conditions can go from low clear water to high and dirty in a hurry with a heavy rain. Be careful out there, I know of a few boats that have had some lower unit loss in river sections! Lots of variety of fish, I have caught largemouth, smallmouth, sunfish,crappie, catfish, dogfish, walleye and pike on bass baits.

Thanks for the info, i will have to do some looking around this summer on the chain. I will get to mnow it better just need to get out there more!!!! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with Superduty. Super chain of lakes. And you can catch fish everywhere doing just about anything. Jig and pig, Dietz stupid rig, crank baits just about anything. And do be careful, I'm one of those guys who has

torn up lower units. Twice .lol

• 1 month later...

Katoguy, do you have any information on these bass fishing circuits around the Mankato area? Contact info? Dates? Lakes?

Thanks,

Bob

go to classic bass . com there is ALOT of good information on tournaments. where they are and when they are!!! If you have any question just drop me a line smile.gif