• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Stiff

Speared a 15 Pounder to close the season!

Stiff

Had a bit of a golden coloration to it though... grin.gif

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

Ha ha - You guys can all breathe again.

Nasty weather out there this weekend! Rain, Sleet, lots of wind, and now finally some snow.

Made it out yesterday and got one pike about 24 inches while my partner in crime / guide got two in the low to mid twenty inch range as well. Saw lots of perch, bluegill, and also a few really nice bass.

All in all it was a GREAT two days. Learned a few new spots and made a great freindship.

bassNspear

LOL, you made me worried a bit that you might have got me. But then after looking at the pictures, i wasnt worried at all. Nice fish thow buddy, glad you didnt break the spears.

Also, Thanks for all good talks about spearing. Sure was a good winter.

shamalex72

grin.gifgrin.gif

I might go out tomorrow morning if we don't get too much snow. I made a few more decoys and want to try them out.

bassNspear

Ya, i want to get out tommorrow for one more day, but with this weather, im not sure if its going to be worth it. It would be alot of work, but more i think about it. I want to go. shocked.gif

Muskycrazy

Had me goin' too . Then had me wondering what do you do with a big Carp like that after you spear it ? confused.gif Do you smoke it ?

bassNspear

Alot of people smoke them, alot of people leave them on the ice. Ither way, there getting them out of the lake!!

Mike89

there could be worse ways to end the season!!

Mike89

bassNspear

at least you got the spear wet. I hope you didnt break any tines off.

tca12

Nice fish! My lovely wife pulled out a 12 1/2 pounder (northern) on a tip-up 20 yards from my spear hole not far from you (Turtle lake) this past weekend. The next day "Big Ed" slid into my hole and I choked. Now I've got nine months to relive that sorry moment until next season! I've enjoyed reading your posts as well as B & S's.

bassNspear

I hope you werent spearing after the 25th. smile.gifcool.gif

Best of all. Welcome to FM buddy. Need anything, let me know.

tca12

The wife got her fish the 23rd, my last day of spearing was the 24th, and her brother is a Conservation Officer so we're very legal! (He's the one who hooked me on spearing.) Metro MDAA banquet is March 10th at the Champlin Legion if you are interested...

Stiff

Who all is planning to attend this event on the 10th??

I will be attending and I hope to meet some of you.

~t

bassNspear

I am planning on going, depending if i will have to work late or not. Hopefully i can get the whole day off, so i wont have to be there. Should be a good time.