• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

bassphish2005

I haven't fished for years on Little Horseshoe[the little lake by Stark] Was wonder if there are any reports on what is happening ? I know there were some access problems and other things going on in years past.

serpent

Fished it once in the summer. The guy that lives by there

said its not a public access. DNR says it is. Nice fish in the lake. Would like to fish it more but the guy said he couldn't guarantee my truck would be okay to drive if he saw it again. Real nice feller.

bassphish2005

I used to fish the lake all the time,but now I cant get my boat and truck turned around with what he had done there

Should have gotten his name,sure the warden would want to hear about it? Sounds like a threat too me?

FRESHWATER PETIE

Sounds like a real nice guy??

Have you ever tried big Horseshoe across the street? The Landing is a lot better over there, very few crabby guys.

I tried big horse shoe last winter with not much success. It seemes that these smaller lakes get over looked by a lot of fishermen when Goose,Fish, west and east Rush are just up the road.

deja vu

I also used to fish this lake, before the neighbor begin disputing the public access...

I've sent a copy of this thread to the DNR fisheries supervisor responsible for that area. Hope the DNR will make an effort to resolve this problem.

bassphish2005

thanks, I wish people could just get along with each other

Not have to block access to public water

and be a general pain!

mad.gif

matthothand

When I used to launch there I would just back in and pull out so I didn't have to turn around. I've had a chat with 'the guy that owns the landing' and explained to him how a dnr access works. I'll take no guff, sir. If you can get past the crabby guy fishing can be good. I try to stick to the weedlines.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• delcecchi
      Just for fiun I went to wunderground.com and looked at the weekly averages for 2014, 2016, and 2018 starting the beginning of march.  2014--May 13 ice out 5  25 20 14 29 38 29 39 39 44 44 56 2016-April 25 17 38 34 30 34 25 43 47 41 52 46 49 60 2018-??? 21 24 24 26 17 26 33.... Looks like we are behind 2014 with respect to getting average temp above 32 if that is significant, although the weeks don't line up exactly and we are way behind 2016 .        
    • monstermoose78
      I am so glad I got to fish with Icehawk and bass thumb. It was great times and I look forward to fishing with you all soon. Fishing with Eyeguy always keeps you on your toes and it’s always fun. Rick G I learned a lot by watching you work your magic on the gills. See you all soon. Thank you everyone for letting me hangout andfish with you all. 
    • CigarGuy
      Just talked to my neighbor up at the lake and he said one of SunkedAgain's neighbors in Black Bay couldn't get to his place going across the Partridge River-he said he almost broke thru the ice!!  I'm down a ways toward Wakemup from the narrow part going into the bay, but we had over 30" last wknd.  Looking good for some open water to fish down my way by the opener!
    • delcecchi
      Pepin is natural feature of Mississippi, not man made.   Seems the Chippawa dumps a lot of sand in that causes the mississippi to back up, forming lake pepin.  But the ice going out on pepin is probably due to runoff starting and raising the river level and flow as much as anything.    If I were to compare stuff I would look at average temp for Virginia in march and april of those late ice years compared to this year.  Throw in May for good measure.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I can not remember the starting dates on those years but Brent would know! Cliff
    • delcecchi
      Like they say down in Loosiana, you pinch tail and suck the head.   And when they eat them, looks like they dump a bucket full on some newspaper on a picnic table and have at them.    But they still hadn't made it all the way west as of last summer, and I figure getting stopped with a cooler full of rusties heading home from the east wouldn't look good on my permanent record.... One of these years though.   I hear they are west of oak narrows now.
    • delcecchi
      Yes, had it on wife's iphone when that was the only smartphone in the family.   I think I would have to have one of the huge phablets to be able to see anything but I am old and don't see that well anymore, when it comes to fine detail.   But good you mentioned it since I had forgotten about it. 
    • Big Red Lodge
      some of the lake access areas might be interesting to navigate thru ad DNR is prepping the public landings
    • Big Red Lodge
      That is a hearty fish.  I guess that is the benefit of the late winter
    • Big Red Lodge
      Good to know.  Thanks for the update