• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

float tube huntin

anybody ever hunt out of a float tube? Im lookin to get a new one for fishin, but im wondering if gettin a camo one could be dual use.

You want to do your homework on that one. I would bet the camo just because, but I think the regs last year read....

UNDER TAKING ON OPEN WATER: on a river or stream that is not more than a 100 yards in width.

So, if its skinnier than a football field you could drift hunt it.

Well as said camo just looks cooler.

But except for drifting a river, I don't know how practicle it would be for sloughs and small lakes. Most sloughs won't be deep enough to use flippers and most small lakes will be too big to paddle with a tube and then how do you get up in the cattails with it other than just getting out of it and in that case you could have just walked the shoreline to the spot.

Also I imagion you would need to tow your decoy bag and that would be alot of extra drag in the water.

My bro's deflated, and he almost drown a few years ago. The filler valve loosened up, or he didn't tighten it enough. so if you do use one, make sure to check those valves good. Also, we thought it would be a great idea for a small lake, but it was more of a pain for us. Hasn't been used in several years. I bet he would sell it cheap wink.gif It's camo.

Good luck,

thanks for the replys fellas. it sounds like it would be more work than just haulin the canoe out and the deflating hadnt even crossed my mind.