• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

East side ice conditions?

JIGGIN'

Just curious if there are any new areas to stay away from around Big Point to hunters point area right now. Fishing the contest tomorrow and was wondering how the ice is now after all the wind. I know the ice is really thick but just wondering about any new cracks or openings out there???

I just called up to hunters today and they said we would still be fine to drive on there for the contest. I will also be up for the contest tomorrow. I was just there on wednesday and it was cracking up by shore but once you got out a little ways you were fine. I drove out seven miles to the mud flats. The lady on the phone said they have been working hard to keep bridges across all of the cracks that have been opening up. Didn't look the safest when I came off on wednesday but I guess they know what they're doing. Good luck tomorrow. and be safe. The jumbos are biting if you can find them.

See my post in from wilderness to cove. Ice not to bad untill 1 mile out from big point. Largest heave i ever saw.

Didnt approuch to closely, turned and headed to shaws. went out on lake at father henn. park and exited off lake their also.